• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rotisserie from Lowes

How is business any way Stan? Keeping busy??

Crazy !!

Eh, not really. Shipping to the U.S. is a pain in the ***. a) its more expensive 'cause its cross-border and b) the unit has to be "brokered" and that has to be done by the buyer - not the seller. And Americans seem to be baffled by things like that

Besides, I'm 69 and don't want to be any busier than I am.

I bought the Tuxedo CR-3000 from Northern Tool a few years ago for the restoration of my 71 Charger.
It worked very well for my needs and I was able to sell it for very near what I bought it for 2 years later.
No idea how Lowes would handle this
Do you have any suggestions on how to attach it to a 72 Roadrunner? I really don't want to remove the front and rear valance.

Where the rear springs attaches. The holes for the rear spring bushings go. Thanks Stanton for me knowing that one. I'm pretty sure you could do sort of the same with the front? But why not take the front one off? Since your going to the trouble of putting it on a rotisserie. And for the rear just pull the bumper and attach it there. I used both mounts for rear of my 70 Charger. They both have their own benefits. Depending on what you have to do. Where there is a welder there is a way.

Rear rotisseri mount 2.JPG Rotisseri Mount.JPG rear mount.JPG

Last edited:
Yup, that's the way to do the rear. Here's a shot of a pair of front mounts for an Acura Integra. They obviously won't fit your b-body but hopefully you get the idea.

20210922_195052.jpg IMG_4156.JPG

Where the rear springs attaches. The holes for the rear spring bushings go. Thanks Stanton for me knowing that one. I'm pretty sure you could do sort of the same with the front? But why not take the front one off? Since your going to the trouble of putting it on a rotisserie. And for the rear just pull the bumper and attach it there. I used both mounts for rear of my 70 Charger. They both have their own benefits. Depending on what you have to do. Where there is a welder there is a way.

View attachment 1277010 View attachment 1277012 View attachment 1277017
You're right, best to take the front off. Thanks
I see your rotisserie has two telescoping bars. I'm guessing it's more rugged and stable.

I see your rotisserie has two telescoping bars. I'm guessing it's more rugged and stable.

That's the idea! The rails are actually light gauge since they are not "structural", all they do is keep the whole thing square.

Real sturdy just the same. Took her home like this. About 30 miles. Never budged. Mind you I drove home at 20/40 miles per hour considering the road condition. And yes I stopped about 4 times on the way home to make sure nothing was moving.

going 2.JPG

That's the idea! The rails are actually light gauge since they are not "structural", all they do is keep the whole thing square.
I'm starting to wonder if I have enough ceiling height (8ft) to rotate. What's your experience say?

Well my units will allow full rotation with a 7' ceiling. But mine use two side rails instead of a center rail.

You need 36" of clearance between the pivot point and the center rail for the average vehicle to clear it. Let's say the car is close to 6' wide. Measure from the floor to the top of the center rail (with the casters installed). Add that to 6' and that's your minimum clearance to anything above the car - ceiling, lights, whatever. Keep in mind that balancing the car does not affect the height when its rotated on its side.

I bought a Tuxedo twin post 9000 lb lift for my house. It works great! I have owned several BendPac lifts in the past. This one seems just as good.

Auto Transport Service
Back