• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Routing return line?

68-500

Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
I’m thinking about adding a return line to my 68 Coronet. Looking at the bottom of the car. Where is the second line routed? The hole in the torsion support seems only big enough for 1 line. Can anyone shed some light on ths for me? Maybe a pic or 2. Thanks.

I’m thinking about adding a return line to my 68 Coronet. Looking at the bottom of the car. Where is the second line routed? The hole in the torsion support seems only big enough for 1 line. Can anyone shed some light on ths for me? Maybe a pic or 2. Thanks.
On mine I installed two new preformed steel fuel lines, cut & slightly altered the ends, added brazed on fittings at each end to allow standard AN fittings to attach short lengths of high pressure flex lines at each end...

My 72 Charger has a recovery line running from a cannister under the hood, along the gas line from the front to rear of the car, then crossing over to the passenger side along the back of the shock tower mount. There are some pics in this thread showing the latter part - 1972 Vapor Return Line & Fuel Line Pictures to Gas Tank

Does it share the same hole in the torsion support?

Yes. I don't have either of my lines in ATM but I recall them both going through the same hole. I'll have to check but I believe it's an easy fit.

You may have this figured out by now, but here's a pic of the hole the fuel and EGR lines went through in 72.

38_fuel_line_EGR_line_hole.JPG

Thanks guys I got it figured out now.

Auto Transport Service
Back