• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RT-Eng Tachometer board?

Michael789

Local time
12:22 PM
Reaction score
I just got to try out my rt -tach board that I bought quite awhile back,my original was fried out no saving.So I got the tach board and installed it months ago and did the calibration ,I should note I got the one that is self calibrating.This thing is slow big time! It acts like it has a big delay from reading the coil or something. So I went down to the locale auto store picked up a cheap $34 dollar unit wired it up in 5 mins and bam the cheap stuff works flawless! So I pulled my tach out to check the mechanical aspect and it doesn't hang or stick it's pretty free flowing.So I guess the question is have any of you guys or gals had any similar issues with these rt-eng tachometer boards? I kind of feel like I might have threw away $110 .I haven't contacted them yet I just wanted to see what the consensus is among the masses .Thanks for any help that is put my way.

the older boards have been known to have issues...contact RTE and see if he will replace...new boards are good fro what I have heard

Auto Transport Service
Back