• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Russtoy tick

Russtoy

Local time
1:22 AM
Reaction score
I finally found the tick. After I changed , the heads, rockers, rocker shafts, timing gears and chain cam and lifters. The beeping oil pick up tube was banging on the pan. I pulled the engine, thinking it might be a wrist pin. And found an edge on the pickup, was rough, and a hammered line on the bottom of oil pan. The pickup was a little loose, as the threads were not clocked right. Tight and it didn't fit in the hole. Backed it off about an inch, and it tapped. Jam nut going on, when it goes back together. Oh, its a 3/8 pipe thread. Just another weird thing.

You could probably use teflon tape to fatten it up and seal it at the same time, should lock it where you want it.
Mike

I cut a 3/8 pipe coupler, and it jams the pickup in place. The Teflon tale idead is great. I'll use that too. Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back