• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rust Proofing Our Mopars

The best rust proofing for our cars now is that we don't drive them in the weather anymore. For the most part they are pampered and stored indoors. If they lasted 40 years as everyday drivers, they should last at least until we're dead now.

One of my babies was Zeibarted as a Florida car.
It was a solid car that I rescued from a trailer park years ago.
I've been everywhere and go everywhere in this car. And got hit by an idiot.
That's why I'm so pissed off. Sorry for the rant. No joy on the insurance claim.
I will have to go to court probably.
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?76581-This-will-not-buff-out

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, back on topic.
You asked for suggestions.
We used Dinotrol on aircraft and I've been told LPS3 is basically the same thing.
Be careful with it. Don't breath the mist. Your lungs will never get rid of it and become sensitized to hydrocarbons.
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/tech_ops/read.main/253619/

Attachments

• 20140726_111824 (Large).jpg
    20140726_111824 (Large).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 158
  • 20140726_105842 (Large).jpg
    20140726_105842 (Large).jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 155
I've used Krown in the past. Good product as it does exactly as you said. My only issue is the oily buildup everywhere and eventually the oily smell. Btw, my son and daughter live in Corunna.

yeah it drip for quite sometime after, my wife lived her whole life in corunna how old would your son and daughter be? It's such a small town I bet she would know them. thx Bruce

I just park it in the bottom of a swimming pool full of oil every winter.

Not sure if it was Ziebart or a like brand, but years ago (mid `80s) I had the holes drilled and stuff sprayed in my Duster 340 upon its arrival to HI (it had spent its previous years in the upper Mojave desert). 6 years later while at Pt Mugu (Oxnard CA) I had rust showing from the inside of the passenger door.

I would agree with bobtile, it's that we take better care of them these days, vice what we use to prevent rust. Sometimes I wonder if we did all this 'sealing', then treated them like we did 'back in the day', would we eventually see the same areas rust? Maybe so.

If you have one of our cars apart you will find gaps holes and a lot of places where water can get in and they do rust from the inside out . if you have one apart to the shell seal it up and coat it with por 15 and they should last for years .

Auto Transport Service
Back