• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rv 727 auto Into 73 charger

Hemmit

Local time
11:47 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone put a 440 with a 727 auto from a rv Into a 73 charger? I think the tranny is shorter than the one on the 360. Will it line up or will there be some mods to get it in?

There are plenty of b body 727's out there, they are fairly cheap and you would have to change your drive shaft if you manage to get the RV trans in your car.

360 trans is a small block trans won't bolt up to a 440, in case you didn't know...

I believe the rv has a parking brake mounted to the back of the output shaft also
Finding a car trans would be easier

To get it to work in your car you would have to change out the rear tail shaft as well as the output shaft. I had an RV 727 and opted to find a car trans simply for the fact that I didn't want to waste time and money to adapt the RV trans to work. How ever sometimes you get better internals from the RV transmissions due to being heavy duty.

Auto Transport Service
Back