• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Said to me at the car show...

original owner was 48 when he ordered the car, and had enough money to fly a vintage P51 Mustang as a hobby.
A vintage P51 wasn't quite as hard to own in 1969 as it is these days.... In 1973 when we returned to the US my neighbor a Master Sergeant in the Air Force owned & regularly flew one... Not saying they were cheap or easy to get... But it was a possibility for an average guy with the desire, no longer the case these days...

A vintage P51 wasn't quite as hard to own in 1969 as it is these days.... In 1973 when we returned to the US my neighbor a Master Sergeant in the Air Force owned & regularly flew one... Not saying they were cheap or easy to get... But it was a possibility for an average guy with the desire, no longer the case these days...
Much like Hemi Mopars…

Every time a Harley goes past my kids say "There goes some old man taking his Harley for a ride around the block." The other day I explained to my son that not all Harley owners are old and grey and that I have a Harley. "Exactly, dad. You just proved my point." I'm 49.

simpsons-angry.gif

One of my favorite pastimes at car shows, when I used to go to them, was to not let people know which car was mine. I could stay on the sidelines and listen to the experts pick apart my car, and occasionally join in and bash my own car. Then before they walked away, open the trunk and get something out.

Auto Transport Service
Back