• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sandblasting building heat?

wvmarv

Local time
9:55 PM
Reaction score
I started taking my Satellite apart for paint earlier this fall. I put up one of those temporary buildings, a 20x13 to do my blasting of large parts (which worked perfectly) and then blasting and sanding of the body. I haven't done anything the last couple of months because of hunting season. Now that that is over I need to get back on it. My question is, it is getting quite cold and I have no heat in the building. What would be the best way to heat it? I'm thinking a natural gas heater since I have that provision close but don't know if that is dangerous while I'm blasting. Anyone out there with any experience or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks all.

Well, don't blast with walnut shells around a source of ignition. Sand should be OK, but I'm definitely not an expert

Don't warp the sheet metal.

Should have said what media. I use glass beads.
You are aware of the dangers of not having a 'good' respirator when using glass beads, right? Sand is bad enough when blasting but glass media is even worse.

You should not use a gas heater in a closed area. You could poison yourself with carbon monoxide.

If you use a Kerosene torpedo heater to introduce the heat stream into the "building", along with some fresh air
and on the other end of the building you leave an opening for the sand particles and exhaust from the heater to
escape. You should be fine, but as stated before, you need to wear a respirator!!!!

be caution with your flame heater and dust from blasting of rust and sand breaks down and can make a fine power .

Don't warp the sheet metal.
Yep, i had my hood blasted by a "pro". I had to get a new hood for my 67 belvedere, Jim Drain had one ( life saver, hair too) . I guess the guy used baseball bat blasting media.

I would use stripper on a hood because it won't destroy the sheet metal. Chemical stripping is next, but it
takes all of the foam dabs that hold the outer skin to the reinforcement.

As seen on TV .....

1692042495703.png

But wait, if you're one of the first 37 people to call, there's a free set of Ghinzu Steak Knives in that bundle.

Hold the phone.....the first 14 people also get a second heater absolutely FREE ....just pay separate postage & handling.

I haven't tasted paint stripper, but from what I recall of Southern Comfort (probably last sipped 45 years ago) it was as sweet as pancake syrup. But I haven't tried it since it has gone back to a whiskey base about six years ago.

I puked my guts up drinking Southern Comfort when I was 15, maybe 16 years old.......never drank it again

I did the same thing with Sambuca and Plum Supreme Mad Dog, no not at the same time

Auto Transport Service
Back