• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Save floor pans?

bigowhiteboy

Local time
8:23 AM
Reaction score
So I am just finishing up parting a 66 Belvedere 4 door, ready to haul it to the scrapper. However I cant help wonder if I should'nt cut the floor pans out as they are rust free. Looks like alot of work, and Im not entirely sure of the correct procedure. Anyone have any info they could share on the best way to do so?

You need a spot weld cutter aND lots of patients. Why don't you offer it for sale but they would need to remove the floor themselves?

I'm looking for pans for my 67 wagon.

Rears are shot, fronts need rear sections.

AMD offers rears for $100 each retail (less through a reseller) and fronts for $150 IIRC.

I'd be interested if they are clean, removed at the factory spot welds (rears- fronts could be custom cut), and enough less then the AMD prices to be an attractive option for me.

Here's a pic of the floors. I assumed it would be a lot of spot weld cutting and then cutting the whole thing out.
belv1.jpg
belv2.jpg

Yep.

Looks real clean.

Tools and labor are gonna jack up the price needed to recoup anything, and pretty soon yours are gonna be more expensive than the AMD panels.

I'm also eyeing that spare tire well.....

put it in the for sale area I`m sure there are quite a few guys that would need it !

Depending on what someone wanted, you could cut just outside of the spot welds and let the buyer do the trimming. I also parted out a 4 door 67 Coronet with perfect floors and no one wanted them so took out what I needed and sent the rest to the scale.

I would take it apart even if you dont get full value better than throwing it away for scrap, you just throwing money away it will take time n patience.

I'm interested in sections, if pricing and shipping costs make sense.

There's probably still a lot of good left in that rolling chasis....especially for those from the rust belt.

If I'm not mistaken, the following parts on that shell are interchangeable for plymouth and dodge b bodies from 66-70
-front frame rails
-radiator yoke (22 or 26" dependent)
-front inner fenders
-upper cowl
-lower cowl/firewall
-inner and outer hinge area side panels
-floor boards
-rear frame rails are the same contour, but have a couple different holes due to gas tank mount

You could make a sweet deal to someone for the roller and get a lot more than the scrapper will give you. If you had to buy the list above from AMD, you are probably a copule of thousand into aftermarket metal. List it and see if there are any takers for the whole thing....let them part it out.

Best thing to do is cut OUTSIDE the perimeter of the salvageable panel. Whoever does the replacement will decide where/how to splice it in.

I recently sold an A-body rear section. It included the frame rails attached to the trunk pan and floor up to the joint under the rear seat. I did not drill spot welds along the edges, but instead plasma cut outside the pan area leaving rocker sections attached to it. I did drill the spots between it and the front section so it was good to use. The guy was very happy as it was all together for him to install. Just an example.
I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, the dimensions on this 4 door floor are the same as a 2 door. I think the difference in the two bodies is made within the doors themselves. As said above the rails may have a few different holes though. I plan on using a floor section out of a 62 4 door Savoy in my 2 door Savoy.

Since you aren't worried about the crossmembers the pans are spotwelded to, you can use a regular drill bit to drill out the holes. A step bit, under $10 at Harbour Freight, that goes from 3/16-3/8 would work well and a lot faster, and cheaper, than a spotweld cutter.

Auto Transport Service
Back