• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saw my dream car at HAN. Not a Mopar.

------

8500727647_182b848585_b.jpg 8500727633_16c60796e4_b.jpg

Well weather I know what I'm talking about or not I still think it is one of the coolest cars ever made.
Along with this badass.
Plus have always been a fan of the GT

DCP_0003.JPG DCP_00002.JPG cheetah2.jpg DCP_00001.JPG

Well, at least the bitchin stopped the bithcin stopped the bitchin stopped.....wrong record. Even more amazagain is that there was no ******** BS in this thread!! It's a new dawn! Fawn? I'm going back to sleep :D
I know, right? It is a brave new world.

Ha Ha
Ferrari, a "crackerBox" company that was in shambles during that ERA.
Henry Ford "II" (The Deuce) sent his team over to purchase the flailing company, his team asked to see the "Books"
They said: "what books" and Old Man Enzo stubbornly backed out of the deal.
Read up on how the Lamborghini VS Ferrari Feud started, same B.S from Enzo.
Real Story
Then FORD built the GT40, Dominated
Know why FORD didn't win the First year?
Ferrari refused to race the last race, which so happened to be in Italy, they were points leader, knew Ford was going to win and backed out.
The Cobra Daytonas were ALSO "Hand Built"
And yes, Pete Brock stated a couple of the Cobra Daytonas were scrapped, couldn't bring them back from England
The whole fascinating story is in this book. I think it's time to re-read it again!
go-like-hell.jpg

Thank you Photon440,
Never saw the book
I will check it out.
I DO know, Ken Miles was not supposed to win, but FIA rules stated Finish line is virtual, the driver traveling longer distance determines winner...
Placement of car on starting grid and distance each car crosses the finish line

Amen!

that is about a "Gazillion dollars" right there!
How you doin Jimi?
What the news?
Moving, gave the Fireball away, moved bug to my Friend Susan's house, moving sculptures to OC with Friend John. Couple more days & this'll be a wrap....in more ways than one.

Last edited:
A100 said:
Are those real, seriously? They almost look like 2 slot cars. Still badass either way.:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, both real deal, couple shots from a group of side by side comparisons to demonstrate how closely Pete Brock penned off the Ferrari's lines to design the Coupe body. The Ferrari lines were a wind tunnel evolution,,,Brock's design was pure gut level.....& copying the airspace occupied, of the GTO.

Well weather I know what I'm talking about or not I still think it is one of the coolest cars ever made.
Along with this badass.
Plus have always been a fan of the GT

View attachment 639695 View attachment 639696 View attachment 639697 View attachment 639698
The GTO is a very cool car, a masterpiece of art form. The Ferrari brings the highest dollar amount, by a broad margin, of ANY, that's ANY, car EVER built, the FACTS cannot be faded.
Even though Shelby & Ford(in that order)beat the target, neither the Daytona Coupe or the GT-40 bring as much cash to the table.

The GTO is a very cool car, a masterpiece of art form. The Ferrari brings the highest dollar amount, by a broad margin, of ANY, that's ANY, car EVER built, the FACTS cannot be faded.
Even though Shelby & Ford(in that order)beat the target, neither the Daytona Coupe or the GT-40 bring as much cash to the table.

Hmmm
No to sure "Desert Wanderer", THAT is my new name for you Jimi
Where are you moving to?
Your selling the Fireball 2000?

I think a Bugatti is the Highest paid for a car.....
Not sure,

oops, OKAY, you are correct:
"A 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO serial number 3851GT sold at Bonham's Quail Auction on August 14, 2014 for US $38 million (including buyers premium), breaking the record previously held by a 1954 Mercedes-Benz W196R race car, sold for a record $31 million at an auction in England on July 12, 2013."

Auto Transport Service
Back