• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scam Alert on this forum!!!

Then I watched him send PMs in response to WTB ads. After watching him work for about an hour sending PMs to members, I banned him as a spammer and deleted all his PMs. I could have banned him in the beginning, but I wanted to waste his time. :)
:rofl:Used to do that too but after awhile I saw how much time I was wasting doing that lol

Please pass Report these type of Personal messages immediately to the Site Admin - @Joeychgo - or any Mods if you feel so inclined.

Do not interact or reply to the sender in any way.

Thanks. :thumbsup:
Another timely reminder to all....please do not interact with unusual messages offering to buy parts/cars, or trying to sell stuff....if in doubt, contact a Mod.

The creeps are out there and trying to take advantage of anyone and everyone. Stay vigilant people, and report any suspicious activity.

:thumbsup:

From my past experiance here , I have had good dealings with the members here. And very straight up deals. And they are active posting members here...

I “second” that sentiment. I’ve had nothing but positive experiences here.

There are always going to be a few bad apples, but using the methods describbed in this thread, I’ve minimized the clowns.

Remember that Scum always rises to become visible (and it then takes your time to skim it off and toss it away). Seems there is a lot more scum these days - many of them second or third generation scammers, living off of government largess....

Hi everyone, I want to alert you that there is a petty scammer going around here on the WTB section.
I posted a WTB ad for a p/s pump pulley, and got a PM from a random account telling me to email their "friend" who has one. I contacted the guy's email provided and he had pics of the pulley, and had a tempting offer for a whole pump setup for $70. I jumped on it because it looked legit enough, as he had real original photos included. Guess I got too excited about the deal, my bad.
Paypal'd him and of course, no updates. Finally he answers back saying he needs another $55 to ship it immediately... Oh, and his Paypal account is deleted from being "hacked", but he could accept Venmo, CashApp, as well as bank transfer, postal money order!!...

:rofl:

Anyways, this guy is making fake accounts here, sending messages to people saying their "friend" has what they're looking for, provides photos and takes the money and runs. Uses fake user names for emails/paypal/etc.
Paypal can probably get my money back, but Venmo probably won't for future reference... But don't give this dude any money. I'm just bummed I wasted a week with no parts needed...

The scammer just sent another message to me with a day old account, trying it again...
View attachment 953371
Hey Dominic, I've got a working P/S pump with pulley out in the garage. It is off a 1970 RR 383. If you still need it, you can have it. Just pay shipping.
Dan

Auto Transport Service
Back