• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seafoam, but not that Seafoam

First of all. How do you all get a can to last 20 years??? I use up dozens of cans of each of many of the brands mentioned per year?

First of all. How do you all get a can to last 20 years??? I use up dozens of cans of each of many of the brands mentioned per year?
I was an accountant, a financial adviser and a real estate investor during those years. Didn't need much Kroil. I'm no mechanic - I mostly just do maintenance and basic repairs. I buy drivers and keep 'em on the road, but have never bought a project or built a car.

Watch this video.

Mac Tools had Howes in the warehouse. I sold cases of it off the tool truck. They have some really good diesel fuel treatment and anti-gel
1699637771156.png

Watch this video.
That’s a pretty good video. I’ve seen it before and others that are similar.

I honestly don’t think the tests are capable of duplicating what we run up against in the real world.

I do think they have more value to disprove old wives tales about certain products.

One of the biggest problem fasteners for me are screws that thread through the engine compartment to the exterior side exposed to weather. You get an easy half turn then the rust hits the threads and no go. Any penetrant you can get on the threads will help, and then a lot of in/out till it loosens up will prevent breakage. This is an instance where heat isn’t practical, and doesn’t do much good.

Another problem can be lug nuts, if you can’t get a good wrench on them. Had a Toyota with factory rally wheels that I never could get off because of the way the nuts were recessed.

Watch this video.
That's all fine.
No store in my town had it. They had all the other liquid wrench stuff, but not the oil. I was looking for it when I couldn't find the 3 in 1. If it shows up I will buy a can.

I used more than the ones I mentioned. The ones from my OP were the ones that impressed me and I saved because they were hard to find or discontinued. I was on the look out for a new product because many old reliables are gone, and people act like PB Blaster and WD-40 are miracles products.
I probably went through 3 cans of the 3 in 1. It was just my last can was gone and I couldn't find a new one.

JB-80 was dads go to. I haven’t seen a can in decades. Seemec to work pretty good, didn’t stink like PB.
You can find this on Amazon. It is a bit pricey though

That's all fine.
No store in my town had it. They had all the other liquid wrench stuff, but not the oil. I was looking for it when I couldn't find the 3 in 1. If it shows up I will buy a can.
Paulb and Tractor supply. Ace and the like quit handling it. Sorry! I'm still referring to Liquid Wrench.

Amazon is always pricey. I never buy from them. I always find it less expansive elsewhere.
I agree, but I never heard of the -80 stuff and didn't see any box stores listed from a google search.

Paulb and Tractor supply. Ace and the like quit handling it. Sorry! I'm still referring to Liquid Wrench.
I don't know what a Paulb is.
My local tractor supply is run by a 20 year old who hired his high school friends. Last time I was there I had to wait 5 minutes for the kid to stop talking on his phone to ring me up, had to ask for a bag, he grabbed one threw it on top of my stuff then grabbed his phone back out of his pocket and walked away.
Yeah no, I will not be a return customer.
I have the typical box store car parts and a Fleet Farm nearby.
And Walmart. Nope.
I do stock up on things at a True Value store, but it is a longer drive to 3 towns up the road, but they sell quality. This time though it was evening hours and I wanted to let the stuff soak overnight if need be. Ended up at the Fleet Farm.

I don't know what a Paulb is.
My local tractor supply is run by a 20 year old who hired his high school friends. Last time I was there I had to wait 5 minutes for the kid to stop talking on his phone to ring me up, had to ask for a bag, he grabbed one threw it on top of my stuff then grabbed his phone back out of his pocket and walked away.
Yeah no, I will not be a return customer.
I have the typical box store car parts and a Fleet Farm nearby.
And Walmart. Nope.
I do stock up on things at a True Value store, but it is a longer drive to 3 towns up the road, but they sell quality. This time though it was evening hours and I wanted to let the stuff soak overnight if need be. Ended up at the Fleet Farm.
PaulB is a big farm supply co. I got it there last week for $6.99 Tractor Supply was $7.99 on line $13.49.

I have a bunch of stuff from CRC, Power Lube works well
left over from who knows when, at 1 time I was sponsored by them
Napa sell some of it
the stuff I have is gotta be from the 90s early 2000-2007-ish max
Garage Lubes & penatrents on shelfs 003.JPG

Garage Lubes & penatrents on shelfs 001.JPG

I like CRCs electrical contact cleaners too
Garage Lubes & penatrents on shelfs 002.JPG

WD 40 has lubricants
& greases also (Hi-temp stuff seemed to work well)
the org formula is good for water displacement
works great on cleaning most automotive plastics too

I used to spray it on a rag
& wipe my altered fiberglass/painted body down
or the Pro-Gas, T/S, or Outlaw P/S cars down
so the hot rubber from doing long smokey burnouts didn't stick

not a great penetrating oil really

many gun oils have great creep/climb value too
not a real penetrating oil, but some will "sometimes" work in a pinch
Hoppe's does...

Garage Lubes & penatrents on shelfs 004.JPG

Hard to get, I have four cans from my former job, boss gave it to me along with other items as a going away gift. I use it sparingly, it's amazing.
fullsizeoutput_854.jpg

Is this the stuff from SeaFoam you use. It's what I have been using for several years now. Seems to work pretty good. Used to use Liquid Wrench back in the day.

1699671094914.png

If I remember correctly, my father used to soak rusted seized parts in possibly kerosene to be able to get parts loosened. I would probably have to ask someone in their early 90’s to see if they remembered .

Auto Transport Service
Back