• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat Belt Anchor Bolts

Warhorse

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:43 AM
Reaction score
First of all I hope everyone is having a MOPAR-inspirational day. Mine could be better if I could find seat belt anchor bolts! Specifically for the rear seat belts. It seems none of the usual sources (Year ONE, Classic Ind, Herbs, etc) list them for B-bodies. The only ones available are "universal" and E-Body convertible's. Anyone had better luck?:icon_cry:

I would think a seat belt bolt is a seat belt bolt, regardless of front or back seat. But what do I know? What's wrong with the universal ones, outside of maybe thread count and size?

I've pulled them out of countless Mopars over the years and can not ever remembering a "difference" anywhere. Remember, the assembly line was producing different lines of cars at the same time. I've seen assembly line pics where an A-body Dart is following a B-body Coronet down the very same assembly line. Fasteners are one thing the bean-counters wanted standard as much as possible to save money per unit. Dollars to donuts the bolts are the same.

They are a shoulder type bolt that is 7/16 fine thread. You can find them on ebay but they are pricey.

- - - Updated - - -

Here ya go.......
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-74-Mopar-Challenger-Cuda-HT-Seat-Belt-Bolts-Kit-/231735356303?hash=item35f480eb8f:m:mlT8aoJw6gMm35zkxO7UQcA&vxp=mtr

Try these guys

http://www.moparplus.com/collections/seat-belts/products/2850-bobuk-mopar-hardtop-bucket-seat-belt-bolts?variant=3702157251

Herbs parts has them listed 6 bucks cheaper but for E-Body only, but I believe they are the same across all platforms.
https://www.herbsparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=2850-BO
2850-BOBUK_1024x1024.jpg

Yeah they are a specially machined bolt with fine thread and substantial shoulders for strength. They are not just ordinary bolts. I have considered buying a set of the E-Body sets and SEE if they'll work, but I am accumulating quite a box of "See if the work" parts these days!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, thanx my friend! This is the first good lead I have had. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Just ordered a set, thanx again idrivemopar!

Yeah they are a specially machined bolt with fine thread and substantial shoulders for strength.
Actually, the root diameter of any bolt is the weakest point. On these, the shoulder is mainly for the eye of the seat beat attachment plate to pivot on.

I hope those work out for you, I noticed on herbs page, he listed them as C11 and C8 bolts, however, I have seen that earlier cars used Mostly C11, but also used C10's and C12's. My car uses C11 C14, and C15 bolts. Don't know the technical details on the different numbers.

Actually, the root diameter of any bolt is the weakest point. On these, the shoulder is mainly for the eye of the seat beat attachment plate to pivot on.

And that's all that is, but. If you get yourself in a situation where your going to break a seat belt bolt, you have a lot bigger problems to worry about.

I'll let y'all know what I think of these anchor bolts when they arrive. Thanx for all the inputs1

Auto Transport Service
Back