• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat belt storage clips

72redbird

Local time
12:37 PM
Reaction score
I have a 68 Satellite convertible. Was wondering if the rear seat has the seat has the stowage clips. The front seats are buckets and they do. I've had the back seat out and do not even find the holes for where they would mount. My 69 Charger had them for the front and rear.
Thanks

Should have the clips I would think. Not original seat?

I have a 69 Coronet convertible with original bucket seats. The two cars are no different in this sense. Only the front seats have clips. Mine doesn’t have them in rear either. I’m pretty sure that’s the way it was for convertibles for some odd reason. Personally, I don’t understand the clips for buckets. A bench having clips makes sense. As you can stretch the belts straight across a bench seat and attach it neatly. On a bucket, I can’t see any advantage. Bucket seats, you can tuck the belt beside the seat and driveshaft hump. It does nothing to attach the belt to the clip on a bucket. The belt is awkwardly in the way on a bucket seat if it’s attached. That I have seen. To clean up the appearance of belt clutter. I simply removed my rear seat belts and stored them away for keeps sake. It looks a lot cleaner back there.

Last edited:
I have a 69 Coronet convertible with original bucket seats. The two cars are no different in this sense. Only the front seats have clips. Mine doesn’t have them in rear either. I’m pretty sure that’s the way it was for convertibles for some odd reason. Personally, I don’t understand the clips for buckets. A bench having clips makes sense. As you can stretch the belts straight across a bench seat and attach it neatly. On a bucket, I can’t see any advantage. Bucket seats, you can tuck the belt beside the seat and driveshaft hump. It does nothing to attach the belt to the clip on a bucket. The belt is awkwardly in the way on a bucket seat if it’s attached. That I have seen. To clean up the appearance of belt clutter. I simply removed my rear seat belts and stored them away for keeps sake. It looks a lot cleaner back there.

Thank you, I was thinking if the belts came straight across the cushion on the rear seat, the clips would have to be mounted at a little angle.

Auto Transport Service
Back