• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat track bolt

Aron Gleason

Local time
8:04 PM
Reaction score
I broke a seat bracket bolt and was wondering what's the best way to get the swedged part out of the square hole? And does the new bolt need to be swedged on? I don't want to bend the seat track.

I did the ones in my ‘70 Coronet last spring. I backed the heads up with a socket, just big enough to fit around the head, then drove them out with a punch. They have a small spot weld on them that you’ll need to grind or just break. Once driven out I carefully straightened any bends and put new bolts in. You can spot weld them if you like, but it’s not necessary as the square part keeps them from turning.

I did the ones in my ‘70 Coronet last spring. I backed the heads up with a socket, just big enough to fit around the head, then drove them out with a punch. They have a small spot weld on them that you’ll need to grind or just break. Once driven out I carefully straightened any bends and put new bolts in. You can spot weld them if you like, but it’s not necessary as the square part keeps them from turning.
Thank you. I appreciate that.

Auto Transport Service
Back