• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

seats and console options -confused

sabrem3

Local time
12:31 PM
Reaction score
Im new to the forum so pardon my inexperience - recently acquired a 69 super bee full rotisserie about 93% completed - its the wrong color and wrong motor but a beauty. Fender tag states that it isH2T-high grade vinyl bench seat tan. along with D32 -heavy duty automatic transmission . However..... I have a console car with bucket seats - my front seats are wrong and I knew this (1970). Seller told me the car came from west coast (H9E) and front seats were gone so he wanted taller buckets. I want to go back to stock 69 buckets if that what was in there. Car is Teal with a white interior and looks great. Ideas as what to do???I am wondering if it came that way or he cut the body and put the shifter there - will have to remove console and carpet to see or put on a lift to see if it is a factory cutout -could this have been a column shift that was modified to be a console ?
Thanks to all -Jon in Boston

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome to FBBO

maybe try posting the questions in the specific year forums or the interior forum,
you may get more responses than the welcome wagon

good luck

Welcome aboard. Check out the forum list. You will find one to get all of your questions answered.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you want 69 front buckets you will have a find a used set (not sure if any of the re-pop companies make those frames) then have them recovered to match your interior.
As for the linkage access hole I am sure someone will no better then I...have never tried to convert a column shift B body to floor console.....I do know that the floor shifter mounting is welded into the car.....

Hi, and welcome :wav:

I would think that if your fender tag says you had a bench seat, then that's what was in there. No buckets or console. Is there any sign of shifter mechanism on the steering column?

Build it how you like it, your description sounds great. Pictures please. :)

First off welcome! I'm a former (never really stopped being one in my mind) Bostonian myself.

Sounds like a Bench seat car.. .if it was an automatic, then there should be a shifter on the column if it is the original column. No such thing as an auto/bench/floorshift to my knowledge.

converting back to a bench should be relatively easy if the column is for an auto trans... buy the shift linkages, buy a bench seat and re-cover, remove console and us a cut-off wheel to cut the console brackets off... patch hole in tunnel hump, re-carpet

or just replace with 69 buckets and enjoy.

Welcome and good luck. :hello2:

Sound like what I am going to do - pretty car will post a few pics as soon as I can. Thanks for the words of wisdom- jon

Auto Transport Service
Back