• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SF Bay Area Cruise/Brunch: 7/24 (Sat)

GTXperience

Local time
4:37 AM
Reaction score
For all those in the San Francisco Bay Area, we are putting together a cruise/brunch on July 24th (Saturday) kicking off on the Peninsula (exact location TBA but probably in San Mateo). The cruise route is being determined right now but so far the plans are to take H92 West to Skyline and take that beautiful stretch to the Four Corners (Skyline & Woodside Rd) where we will have brunch at Alice' Restaurant. There are always tons of classic cars and motorcycles there on the weekends. After that we will be heading West on Woodside Rd (84) to the coast and heading north on H1. This is a beautiful drive. We will then stop at Cameron's Pub for dessert (the best hot fudge Sundaes on the coast) and for whatever else you folks want. ;)

We will then continue North on H1 through Half Moon Bay (where you can see where the old Half Moon Bay Drag Strip use to be). We will continue the drive north and run through the Presidio and then end up in a spot where we can get all the cars together and take pics with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background. Since we have folks coming from all corners of the Bay Area, we will disperse from there so that everyone can either head out on the Golden Gate Bridge, the Bay Bridge or head south on 101 back to the South Bay.

More exact info will be coming re: times and setting the route in stone. I will be driving it early next week and talking to the owners of the places where we will be stopping.

I hope you can join us. BTW: This is not only for members of FBBO, FABO & FEBO (although we will be the majority) but also for any of your friends that have classic cars or just want to have a nice afternoon. I, personally, will have approx. 7-8 friends/fellow members from the Golden State Rods joining us and they are super nice people to hang with.

If you have any questions, fee free to ask. Again, I hope to have some of you locals join us. Also, if your ride won't be up and running by then, join us anyway. I know that a few people on FABO will be taking their daily drivers or jumping into other people's cars at the meeting spot.

Let the good times roll,
Ben

Man!! I wish my car was up and running. I used to live in Millbrae and miss that area. If it is something you do every year I will drive up for sure next year.

When did you live in Millbrae? I just had dinner there with some of the car club members Monday night.

Also, it looks as though we have approx. 25-30 cars for the cruise on the 24th. Not to bad for an impromptu drive. Several have all ready asked if we can do another one in late August/early September. I am thinking about a run down to Big Basin. We will see. Hopefully, you can join us one of these times (whether it be this year or next year).

I live in Mill Valley, and I'll be there for sure!

When did you live in Millbrae? I just had dinner there with some of the car club members Monday night.QUOTE]

Well it was a few years ago. My grandparents had/have a house up on the hill above Mills High and I spent most of my early years there and then I moved down to SoCal. I still have family up that way though. So I visit often. I hope to move back up when I get out of med school. If I can ever get accepted that is!

UPDATE: The meeting location is southwest corner of Safeway (located on the corner of El Camino Real and 17th Ave). The address is: 1655 S El Camino Real, San Mateo, CA. It is one block north of where Highway 92 and El Camino meet so you can either take H280 or H101 to H92. There is a Starbucks within 40 ft from where we are meeting if you need to get your morning fix.

We are leaving the parking lot @ 10am so please be there at least 15-30 minutes earlier.

We have a really nice run planned - just some beautiful back roads to drive (think redwood trees, scenic coastal route, etc). We drove the route recently and think everyone will enjoy it. I will post the route shortly but will have copies of a map for those participating on the day of the cruise.

Also, we will be having brunch at Alice's Restaurant in Woodside so save your appetites. We have reservations for the back room and deck which will accommodate 60-70 people. More on Alice's later but here's their address if you want to check out the menu. They have great food. http://www.alicesrestaurant.com/

Looking forward to seeing everyone and getting a chance to drive our vehicles.

Here is a quick down & dirty flyer I made for some of the local clubs. Yes, it is one very text-heavy & graphically-challenged flyer. ;)

Now that I have copied/pasted it, I see that the formatting has been lost in the translation from Word to here but you will get the point. If anyone wants the flyer emailed to them, send me your email and I will get it to you.

-------------------------------------------------------

Classic Car/Truck Cruise & Brunch

What: this is just a good ol’ fashion day cruise/brunch along some beautiful scenic roadways on the SF Peninsula & Coast. Along with this, is a planned brunch stop at Alice’s Restaurant (at the corner of Skyline & Woodside Rd). the entire back room & rear deck have been reserved. The route is a total of approx. 77 miles.

When: Saturday, July 24th (arrive at 9:30am ‘cause we’re pulling out at 10am sharp).

Why: No specific reason … just a chance to let our classic cars/trucks stretch their legs and drive some of the most beautiful scenic areas on the SF Peninsula/Coast

Who: Dozens of rodders and muscle car owners representing several different clubs around the SF Bay Area.

Where: We will depart from the Safeway parking lot in San Mateo (on the corner of El Camino & 17th Ave). The address is: 1655 S El Camino Real, San Mateo, CA (just a block north of H92 & El camino). There is also a starbucks 40 ft away in case you need your morning fix. ;)

Some of the stops/highlights of the cruise will be:
-driving on Crystal Springs Rd. along the the Crystal Springs reservoir
-the scenic redwood tree portion of H35 (Skyline)
-brunch at Alice’s Restaurant (http://alicesrestaurant.com/)
-beautiful coastal/beach route
-quick dessert stop at Cameron’s Pub on H1 (http://www.cameronsinn.com/)
-cruise through historic Main St. in downtown Half Moon Bay
-more beautiful coastal roads (along Devil’s Slide)
-cruise the Great Highway along Ocean Beach past the Cliff House
-drive by the California Legion of Honor
-end location is the Baker Beach parking lot (in the Presidio) where we hope to get a group shot in front of the Golden Gate Bridge as a backdrop.

Please contact Ben at: [email protected] if you plan to join us so we can get a head count for brunch. This is important since we have a head count of nearly 50 right now. Also, feel free to email with any questions you may have. We look forward to seeing you there!

34 hours and counting. Looks like we are going to have a good-sized turnout and the weather is supposed to be really nice. Look forward to seeing you guys/gals out there.

We'll meet up with you around 11 at Alices.

We enjoyed Alices. Nothing can compete with the smell of tire smoke in the Redwoods. Thanks Ben/John. Correct me if I'm wrong, I had the only B Body there? I saw enough Teslas to last me a lifetime. There were 3 or 4 there. I hope they stimulate the local economy and that the fog doesn't move in. With the Solar Panels, the may have to wait for the sun to come out to continue. I'm just sayin. I prefer my Fossil-fueled big block.

The Ferraris were cool too. Nice A,C, and E's.

Auto Transport Service
Back