• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shackle Bushings ?

rustytoolss

Local time
6:09 AM
Reaction score
My 62 Fury wagon needs shackle bushings....Thing is the shackles are much wider than normal B body shackles, (almost look like offset relocation type units..but are stock) RockAuto has bushings but not sure if they will work with this style shackle. You 62 guys have any idea what will fit and work,( with out replacing the complete shackle units ?

A local parts warehouse or chassis shop may have a catalog that shows bushings by dimensions.

I’m sure about a 62, but since we’re on the subject, mine were squeaking. I lubed them and noise gone. But they were like plastic hard as a rock. Is that an option of some kind or should that be rubber? 69 road runner

I’m sure about a 62, but since we’re on the subject, mine were squeaking. I lubed them and noise gone. But they were like plastic hard as a rock. Is that an option of some kind or should that be rubber? 69 road runner
Sounds like you have poly inserts. Most are supposed to be lubed. Rubber gets shredded with age.
Mike

I have the same kind of shackles from a 63 330 S/W I had. The factory bushings are still in place. (Car only had 40,000 miles on it so I'm pretty sure they're original) As you can see in the picture, they have a rubber spacer to keep them apart. You may have to buy a 3rd set to cut 2 of the bushings down make the spacer yourself. I doubt very much they will be in the kit you get.
P.S. I don't know why I still have some stuff from this car because it is long gone.

DSC00989.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back