• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shaving

I use cheap razors from the dollar store and shave IN the shower.

Not to be a party pooper but is this where the Forum has "gone"?

What type of Razor do you use?

I'm lost...again, political SPAM and questions like what type of razors are we using?

Whew, I must be getting too old for this forum!

Sorry Steve!
General Discussion Forum.....for general discussion and other non automotive stuff. No political discussions please.

Well, it's in the right forum and no one reported the thread for being offensive or political :grin:

What type of toilet paper do you guys all use?

1. Wet
2. Dry
3. Charmin
4. Northern
5. The Bear's kind of toilet paper...the cute little bear in the cartoon?

What has happened to this Forum?

I give up!

PS: My Wife doesn't even know or care what kind of freaking razor I use!

yeah Mark, you ok?? work got ya frazzed??

im worried bout ya brother...you seem on edge lately

I agree with you mar he has been a little off walking-zombie-smiley-emoticon[1].gif

Bic disposable {orange} for sensitive skin,
I have a coarse & thick beard but baby face sensitive skin...
About the only stuff I can use is Ivory bar soap & hot water,
I get dermatitis really easy, from shaving creams & other soaps...

I rarely shave unless I'm going somewhere,
maybe 3 times a week on a really good week now,
I use to shave 2 times a day when I was dealing with customers allot...
I gave that nonsense up, I like the stubble look & so does my G/F Honey...

I like the natural look & supporting a Goatee/Vandyke...LOL

1. Wet
2. Dry
3. Charmin
4. Northern

I give up!

ILMFAO
thanks Ski...

Sorry guys...
Ruff couple of days...

But I just had a Snickers bar.....

I'm OK now.

-Lets see:
-I am also getting quite upset with the price of my razors, shaving tools!

-I use that Gillette FUSION system, 3 blades but heck yes it is too expensive!

-The Dollar shave club?
-To me, sounds like a Great idea BUT, my fear is the company may be getting their product from China.

-So, I have now regressed to the older "twin blade" system.
Cheaper.

-I did see Rick Harrison selling his single blade system. Looks impressive...
So, I'll see

-I will review the current thread, pick and choose the best available option.

-But heck yes, we are spending WAY too much on our shaving tools...

-Thanks again Steve from the Island and all others on this thread...

-As usual..I'm "BACK" on board!

The trick to shaving my thick nasty facial hair has little to do with the razor but instead making sure to shave the second I get out of a hot shower when the hair is still soft. If I shave in any other way it feels like I'm waxing my face, not shaving it! I do get sick of the razor companies constantly discontinuing their models for the next biggest thing (more blades!!!).

Actually the hair is not soft...It's your pores that are open after a hot shower.. ;)

I switched to the "Dollar shave club" razors (premium version) from many years of a Schick Quatro. I was impressed at the quality. They work good with shave gel but work the best with their "Shave butter". Good stuff!

1. Wet
2. Dry
3. Charmin
4. Northern

I give up!

Remember the old joke? Scott's going wipe your butt! Scott who? Scott Tissue. Sick joke.

I shave with a straight edge, I have a few different ones, my favorite is size 5/8 round point, its what I started with and tried to change but for me its the one...
Any good dovo or german razor will do you fine, but you do not have to spend $1000 to get started...
You can get a nice razor for $90, I have 4 or 5 of them the most expensive I ever bought being a pre 50's NOS german razor that I bought at online auction.

The rest of the stuff you need is pretty easy, a stropp $40 and badge hair brush $20, and then maybe a little bowl for $5. I use perasso menthol shaving cream, also my favorite, and thats about all you need.

Takes about 3 times shaving to get used to it, if you shave yourself clean everyday or other days its really easy, I have a beard so I have to take my time but the longer razor makes lines a lot cleaner and straighter.

http://www.amazon.com/Omega-63171-S...8&qid=1442351116&sr=1-6&keywords=badger+brush thats the brush I have

http://www.amazon.com/Proraso-Shavi...&qid=1442351208&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=perasso

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DYM5TG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

as for a razor the sky is the limit, this is a great middle of the road razor here, spending any more is just for your own vanity, I'll admit I have some fancy scales, but the plastic ones from dovo are strong and last forever. My favorite razor to shave with is a dovo 504 has red plastic handles and not a fancy thing about it, I got it on clearance on vacation in Italy, it came to $80 US, which I wish I bought them all, but my wife just gave me the "look" when I mentioned the idea...

Anyway, I have yet to met the gentleman who started to shave with a cut throat and went back to anything else, the initial investment is a bit stronger than say a gillette vibrating handle model, lol... But its close, clean, and fast. And once you bought everything the upkeep is say $10 a year plus your shave cream.

I remember a while back (a good while before I was married), a friendly young lady came back to my apartment, as the night went on she asked to use my bathroom, so I showed her where it was, she came out holding my razor and asked if I shaved with it, I told her it wasn't there for show, she was so intrigued, I never thought of it as "manly" until she explained what a turn on that was, I don't get it but, I can attest to it doing something for her, the next morning she begged to watch me shave, and I had no problem with it, she spent a few nights, it was a good experience. After that I made it more available to women I brought home, got myself a little stand and left the razor in plain view, NEVER did a female friend of mine NOT ask about it, although results may vary, my cousin also uses a cut throat and he had left it out, and the girl was scared to spend the night with it in the house, but he has that serial killer vibe to him, he has 1 blue eye and one brown, no razor is going to make up for that creepyness...

1. Wet
2. Dry
3. Charmin
4. Northern

I give up!

I hear that liberals use both sides of the toilet paper - save the trees!!! (Ok, just kiddin guys, don't report me to Cranky!!)

Auto Transport Service
Back