• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

She gone

Tylor

Local time
7:23 PM
Reaction score
I got a 73 charger with a 360 as my daily.... And we'll I was hot rodding to hard and.....she gone. Now I'm up in the air about what engine to use. I got a 318 ready to go in. But I can't have a car with the charger namsake and it not scoot right?

20220515_160553.jpg 20220515_160538.jpg 20220515_160520.jpg 20220515_160500.jpg

Obviously you like to "drive" it, so within your budget and abilities, get the best engine you can, or you won't enjoy driving it as much.

Unfortunately when things break it's rarely fun enough.
Maybe look into a rev limiter?

I've always wanted to do the pull a part 360 Magnum, 4bbl intake, flex plate? and a cam. And let her rip.

Toss the 318 for now and work on something for later.

I ask a question & I get a disagree ? What's up with that, SDCoronet ?
There a mistake sometimes. Thicker skin my man….
I've always wanted to do the pull a part 360 Magnum, 4bbl intake, flex plate? and a cam. And let her rip.
That’s what I did on my ‘79 Magnum. Except a cam. That’s coming. But even without the cam, it performs nicely. I figure it’s only 300hp. I added a 750 carb, RPM intake, Hooker Super Comp headers (Fit Great!) @ 1-3/4 into a 2-1/2 exhaust. Add a chrome box fired ignition on a recurved distributor and your set. The air cleaner I used is an OE trap door unit.

I suggest this route and add a cam and converter to complement your cars weight, rear gear and tire size & driving style.

My 5.9 is out of a ‘00 Durango. It likes 89 octane best. There is no noticeable gain with 93 worth doing to keep it there and drinking the expensive stuff. Making it run on 87 dumbs it down a tad and I don’t like it all that much. I can get away with some of it, but not a majority of it.

As described above, it’s a strong runner. W/3.55’s on a 245/60/15 (26-1/2 inches) I will get around 18/19 Hwy. unless the interstate is involved at 70+mph. From there, mileage tanks pretty good. Being here in Florida now (I was on L.I.N.Y.) the speeds here are routinely slower with most roads at a max of 45 legally and that’s a sweet cruise area for the car. Mileage yet to be recalculated.

Last edited:
What is the extent of damage on the 360 ? What are the details on the 318 ?
I havent tore into it completely just yet. The 318 is from a truck and is a good engine. I also got a disassembled 440 bit it needs new pistons

There a mistake sometimes. Thicker skin my man….
Could it be my grammar ? My punctuation ? :D You know, I got to look to see if I missed something in the photo ? like the block broken into pieces, and I ask what is the extent of damage... duh. I'm thinkin' I missed something in the pics !

Could it be my grammar ? My punctuation ? :D You know, I got to look to see if I missed something in the photo ? like the block broken into pieces, and I ask what is the extent of damage... duh. I'm thinkin' I missed something in the pics !
I wanna know as well. I see a bent pushrod, and a ugly piston top but the broken stuff I have no idea what it is.
Cylinder head looks OK

I'll keep y'all updated on what it is. Looks like where the front of the camshaft rides. Anybody got some 440 pistons on the cheap?

Auto Transport Service
Back