• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shifter linkage interchange

Flyboy1400

Local time
8:35 AM
Reaction score
I need to find all of the Console linkage between the shifter and trans for my 1966 Satellite. I've found several listings for 67-70, and one eBay listing for 66 only, and still other listings for 66-70... yet in pictures it all looks the same. Is the linkage for 1966 unique? If not will all B body console linkage interchange?

I need to find all of the Console linkage between the shifter and trans for my 1966 Satellite. I've found several listings for 67-70, and one eBay listing for 66 only, and still other listings for 66-70... yet in pictures it all looks the same. Is the linkage for 1966 unique? If not will all B body console linkage interchange?
I have interchanged those pieces accidently, I thought 66/67 were the same when I dismantled several and kept in same parts bin, so maybe was lucky ??

I think 66 to 70 is all the same. Ebay listing probably states it came from a 66, and did not want to commit saying it fits 66 to 70. Lister may not be sure himself.

66, 67 & early 68 used the Inland shifter a 'trigger' shifter we called them back in the day.
You didn't specify as to whether you wanted an Inland or a Hurst.
With rhe Hurst, the B body shifter will interchang from 66 to 71 with minor variations to I believe the reverse rod and I believe the E body rods & levers are the same as my 71 Charger R/T is a 4 gear.
My wife's 66 Coronet that we recently sold, hada 68 B body console shifter.
I have an iron case 833 OD unit that we ran in her Coronet with the 68 shifter,

20221022_171002.jpg

Last edited:
I have the column shifter linkage for sale. It was removed from a 66 Coronet 30+ yrs ago and put in dry storage. Part#'s were recorded on each part!
$200. including shipping in USA

66.69 b.body column shifter linkage1.jpg

66.69 b.body column shifter linkage2.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back