• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

shipping from canada to connecticut

rich hourigan

Local time
4:56 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys, im restoring a 67 GTX, my original fenders are really rusted, im looking for a really really nice set of rust free fenders. i think i found what im looking for in Ontario Canada... im concerned about the shipping cost involved, what can i expect to pay, who do i use to ship, im not sure how to even start the process.... any help or suggestions would be appreciated... thank you

I'd drive up and get them and bring them back. Be cheaper than freight and the damage free option. Where in Ontario?.. it's only 8 hours for you to Toronto.

Where in Ontario?? It's a BIG place. May help with "help" as someone local to that area may be a "border hopper" or know of a local freight company they've used before.

Just tell Nigel to get it to you. He ships every day and has his own customs broker to do so.

so your saying he can and will ship these right to my door? BTW... i love your car

Thanks! I can't see why not, he does run the largest Mopar parts business in Canada. He gets in AMD metal every week across the border so has a broker, can't see why he can't ship the other way.. he does it with all the smaller parts, I expect he'll do it with fenders as he'll have to box them anyhow to ship.

thanks again, i'll call him on monday... i will let you know what he says. i do hope it is like you said, i agree he must ship parts out and in all the time.

If you can't get the big man ask for Kim as she always does her best to get answers for customers.

Fastenal doesn't provide that service in Canada.

Fenders ain't gonna be cheap - the freight will be based on "cube weight" as opposed to actual.

Generally the broker is arranged on the receiving end - they are the one's familiar with the local rules and regs, tariffs, etc.. A Canadian broker would broker something coming into Canada and would know what rules apply to imports from various countries. However, they would not know what the import rules are for every other country in the world. Likewise, a US broker would be aware of any rule or tariff changes as soon as Trump tweets them.

Either way, Nigel should be able to help in this area - at least with a carrier who might then suggest a broker or even provide that service (UPS and FedEx both provide in-house brokerage services).

I think you'd be looking at $300 to $400. That's figuring freight at $10 per cubic foot. A fender has to be around 15 cubic feet per. Add in brokerage fees. I just submitted a request for a quote from Manitoulin Transport. I'll let you know when I get it.

If Greyhound bus still takes oversized packages, it's your cheapest option. Last fender I had shipped cost me about $60. It took about three weeks though.

thanks stanton, i hope thats not 300-400 per fender, thanks for quote request... i'll be waiting... BTW.. Montclaire, that seems real reasonable, greyhound shipped me a full door on a pallet from missouri to ct and i think i paid around $170 ish... it took awhile to get here too

STANTON, am i correct in assuming that a company like Manitoulin would bring fenders to the boarder and then another shipper would pick it up and deliver to my door?

Auto Transport Service
Back