• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shocks recomendation..

I bought a set of KYB's for my '67 R/T from RockAuto.com. Peeled the stickers, roughed up the silver paint, and shot them semi-flat black as original. They're part of my differential assembly detailing project, and haven't gotten it all back together yet to road test them. Price was right, and they look reasonably original after detailing; hope they drive/ride nice. We'll see...

Cheers,

JD

Year One sells a black-painted set that is designed to stock HP spec's. I just got a set (using a 30% discount code!) and they are discretely stamped "MONROE." The '67 Satellite is virtually stock. These will work quite well for her needs.

If you can't locate a discount code, just call pst, and tell them your a member here and they will verify immediately and good discount. That's how I got mine. Love the bilsteins! Made a huge difference on my charger!

This is how they handle it. They verify membership and James is a member here. Check the vendor forum if you want to PM him for more info or ask when next sale is up.

That's what I did when I bought mine. Waited until P-S-T had a sale then used my membership discount by telling them I was a member here and letting them validate it. Better to do it over the phone as it's a little less than explicit online at their site.

some day those bilsteins will go down in price! lol @james PST 10% just not enough of a discount. I hate my KYB's they work but hate them.

I just checked back. My Bilstein's were $368 (USD) after the 10% discount and ended up with an extra $90 shipping/customs to my door.

If you go the Bilstein route Dave definitely inquire about alternative shipping.

Hate is a strong term. They work just want better quality.

Hate is a strong term. They work just want better quality.

They are a little stiff compared to the Monroes I had before rebuilding the front suspension.

I assume the Bilsteins are stiffer for road racing. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I had KYB's. (Keep Your Bilsteins;) After the Bilstein install, there was a dramatic improvement in ride and handling. Maybe the KYB's were worn out but not sure. Feels better at triple digits now. Don't know how to describe any more specifics.

Auto Transport Service
Back