• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monroe Shocks

joemish

Local time
6:26 AM
Reaction score
Put Monroe shocks Front on my 71 Road Runner It rides like a Tank. My 67 i can push on fender and car moves on 71 won't budge.
What shocks you guys using???

I put $33 dollar Monroes on 4 of 5 cars in the past 6 years. They all ride fine, or as fine as they did in '69!

on my Bee and have a set for the charger.

Last set I bought was Bilstein for the 2500. Not really a comparison, that truck weighs 8300lbs with me and half a tank of gas. But it is very stable and rides fine.
Monroes on my Ramcharger. Rides nice, might be a tad bouncy even, but some of that is the 31.5x10.5 tires instead of the 235's factory size I think.
14 years ago I bought Edelbrock NOS from the 90's for my 94 Mustang. They are amazing, and work as described. Apparently no one wanted to pay the premium for them when they came out in the mid 90's, I think they quit making them a long time ago. Shame.
The guy I got my Police Monaco from put air adjust Rancho's on the back and Monroe on the front. They are both very nice. The air adjust loses pressure after about 10 months. OH NO! He also put them on 25 years ago and put 15k miles on since, so.....

I don't suppose I am really helping here lol. "Go buy some 25 year old NOS edelbrocks, you won't be sorry!"

Auto Transport Service
Back