• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shop Wiring, Finally Complete!

mrhemi

Local time
11:23 AM
Reaction score
It has taken me awhile, because of one thing or another, but my shop wiring is now completed to my satisfaction, including the A/C. Next project is the air lines.

2020-10-21 17.17.54.jpg 2020-10-21 17.18.14.jpg 2020-10-21 17.18.35.jpg 2020-10-21 17.18.58.jpg 2020-08-27 10.21.49.jpg 2020-08-27 10.22.41.jpg

You're going to wire up the air lines next? :)

That looks neater than some of the wiring I saw on vacation last winter!

wire.jpg

Sure, I am going to do them in copper.
I did mine in copper in the last two garages I worked in. Put a flex at the compressor connection. I made a loop of the whole shop with 3/4" all pitched to one corner with a drain/blow off and took all taps (1/2")
IMG_1442.JPG
IMG_1443.JPG
IMG_1742.JPG
off the top. Install service valves (ball) at each drop for the future. Solder everything.
Mike

How I did my plastic plant in the late '80's and the next one in the 90's.. 1" HEAVY wall copper, with 3/4 and 1/2 in drops. Sure wouldn't wanna buy that pipe today and can you even get it, or is it all just the light residential stuff these days.

That's a LOT of lights mrhemi....

Light residential stuff is rated somewhere around 1200 psi !! I've been dragging the same copper from shop to shop for the past 35 years.

How I did my plastic plant in the late '80's and the next one in the 90's.. 1" HEAVY wall copper, with 3/4 and 1/2 in drops. Sure wouldn't wanna buy that pipe today and can you even get it, or is it all just the light residential stuff these days.

The vintage incandescent barn / gas station fixtures are to take the edge off of the florescents. They are not on all of the time, only when working on one of the benches or the power tool areas. I find my vision is better for close up work with incandescent light. Some of those are nearing 100 years old.

Copper is available in K,L, and M grades. M is what you will find in the big box stores and is heavy enough for normal shop line pressure. I used L in my shop as I was in the pipe trades and got a discount through my employer. K is usually found in annealed condition and used under ground for water service (safer than lead!).
Mike

I plumbed my shop with Pet tubing 10 years ago.

Auto Transport Service
Back