• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

should i add a go wing to my 70RR

joshb1983

Local time
3:49 AM
Reaction score
Does the 70 Roadrunner and GTX cars look better with the go wing or without? Im trying to decide if i should add one to my car or leave it the way it is..has anyone here ever used the aftermarket go wings?

- - - Updated - - -

70-RR-Rear-Deck-Stripe.jpgrear.jpg173TVRRhemi2.jpg60632_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg61290_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg21251_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg112828_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg97219_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg97900_Rear_3-4_Web.jpgBlue-Plymouth--15624.jpg70691_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

70rrbydsweet_2.jpg3924-21333106548-2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

1970roadrunner020607.jpg3631_24781249.jpg60632_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

Just be careful which way you mount it. It appears the 'green' car has it backwards...or everybody else is? :icon_scratch:

My car came with one so I always think they look better with one. :) Dako is right, the green car wing is reversed.

It will help if you have the proper trunk lid; some had the internal holes for clips and brackets already punched in the inner panel while other lids were smooth inside and will be more work to get your wing installed.

-=Photon440=-

I like them w/o them but that's just my choice

Personally I don't care for them on the 1970 body, having said that........ if you like the wing do it it's your car.

I have a mustang wing in near perfect condition from a 71 or 72 with pedestals if your interested pm me.

I never liked the way they look. The 70 has such a clean decklid to tail panel look that the wing actually detracts from its clean line in my opinion.
John

I say no.

Doesn't fit the lines of the 68-70 body.

I personally like the clean 'muscle' look for b bodies.

I never liked the way they look. The 70 has such a clean decklid to tail panel look that the wing actually detracts from its clean line in my opinion.
John

Exactly they way I feel about the deck lid to tail panel. I think the wing detracts from the clean line, too. I don't want one on my 70. HOWEVER, if mine came with one from the factory, I would make sure it was there, even though I am not the purist type.

The bottom line is it is your car and you are free to do to it anything you want. If you like the look, put one on!

And about the green car with the reversed wing...It looks better reversed, to me.

Just my opinion but it definitely looks better on non vinyl cars with high impact paint like FE5, yellow, Limelight

Also depends on what else it going on ... with the rake of the car, wheels/tires/size, rear stripe/stripe delete, dust trail yes/no, perf hood treatment yes/no ... it has to be in balance. RE: the all the stripe options, vinyl tops, and wing less is more ... don't do it all.

Looks good on the Yellow or limelight car (hard to tell) with the lights on shot from rear near and orange one at the end.

imo, they look good either way. if it was a 70 Satty, hand me the drill baby :) 71 cars look right at home with one.

I like them either way. My personal preference is to leave the wing off my 70RR.

I love em', I'd like to put one on my car someday. Be bold and brave go for a superbird wing :)

Yes, I want to add one to my 69 and that's just weird so if I had a 70 for sure it would be on. On of those perks of owning a 70 I guess lol

- - - Updated - - -

Just be careful which way you mount it. It appears the 'green' car has it backwards...or everybody else is? :icon_scratch:

ROFL It is backwards lmao Joe dirt wing

Auto Transport Service
Back