• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I replace fuel pump?

Frankb

Local time
4:03 AM
Reaction score
I have a Wallbro 255 in my Charger with Sniper. I have the fuel tank out to facilitate other maintenance (fuel leak). Anyway the car has been idle for two years now due to upgrades. When I removed the tank there was a very small amount of what used to be fuel. Gum and varnish also in the tank. The fuel pump probably also has varnish inside it. It has that "bad fuel" smell to it. I'm debating on getting a new pump seeing how everything is out. This pump does not have much use on it and is about 5-6 years old. Your thoughts
Frank

I have a Wallbro 255 in my Charger with Sniper. I have the fuel tank out to facilitate other maintenance (fuel leak). Anyway the car has been idle for two years now due to upgrades. When I removed the tank there was a very small amount of what used to be fuel. Gum and varnish also in the tank. The fuel pump probably also has varnish inside it. It has that "bad fuel" smell to it. I'm debating on getting a new pump seeing how everything is out. This pump does not have much use on it and is about 5-6 years old. Your thoughts
Frank

Fuel system cleaner. Should be fine. Would go ahead and order a spare.

Should be good to go. I'd test it before reinstall to be sure. Add some techron to the initial fuel fill.

disconnect line at the pump and at the tank and blow out the lines with air. Reconnect and run the pump without spark using the starter with the hose and any filter disconnected from the carb and let it pump into a bucket. Replace any filter.

Auto Transport Service
Back