• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shout out to the guy whos been helping me put my car together

eddie102870

Local time
5:58 PM
Reaction score
Old school mopar guy. owned a body shop when i was in high school. hes retired now. used to run a 67 belvedere with a 440 in it. anyway hes retired now and does work on the side for some spending cash. came over tuesday night to help me tune the six pack. found out the carbs had trash in them from the old gas tank so we snatched all three off cleaned them and installed them and he set them without even running the car, all in about two hours. fired up like they were supposed to. he completely did my interior from scratch. dash helped re wire it re build front end, brakes, does it all. best part about it is i just give him a key to the shop and he comes and goes as he pleases. i just have to keep him supplied with parts.

IMG_3088.jpg IMG_3089.jpg IMG_3090.jpg

Can I borrow him?
Would be cool to get something done while I'm at work

Awesome friend to have. Tell him I keep the fridge in my garage stocked with Corona's, Bud Light, Smirnoff Triple Black and meats for the grill.:thumbsup::drinks::D

Keep that guy as a friend. You should reciprocate for him if there is a skill you have that he is in need of. I have a friend like that who would do construction/honey do type house stuff for me and I would work on his 68 c20. Great trade as I am skilled at butchering wood.

oh yeah hes the best. it works out great for us. he built my brothers 66 chevelle for him and is re wiring my dads 55 buick super convertible in a few weeks. He likes my shop because i have AC and satellite tv...lol I always try to do more for him than he does for me. just wanted to give him his props because his knowledge is what i get the most out of. im a decent wrench turner but i suck at wiring and he has helped me more with that than anything.

When you have talented dudes like him, suck up all the knowledge you can. But don't be stingy. Pay him back somehow. Labor, dough, grub, whatever. This is an area where a lot of people fail. It can't be a one way street. Reciprocate!

Last edited:
Anyone who can set a six pack up to run correctly on initial fire up is a talented individual. Pay him fairly and absorb the knowledge like a sponge. These guys are getting fewer and further between. I'm sure he is enjoying doing these jobs as it isn't a "job". Give him a thumbs up from me!
:thumbsup:

Sad day, my buddy passed away Saturday night. Massive heart attack. He put a convertible top on my brothers 66 vette week before last. was supposed to start on a 76 bronco today. Man he's gonna be missed, I've known him since i was in my teens. He taught me more about cars on the Superbee build and saved me crazy time and money, Keeps his family in your prayers. Old school Mopar guys rule!!!

Sorry to hear about your loss. RIP. May he be working on those cars in the Big Garage upstairs....

Sorry for your loss, I will keep his family in prayer - sounds like he was a great and talented friend.

Thanks guys yes he was talented, He put together my brothers 66 chevelle before he helped me with mine, last week he installed a convertible top on my brothers 66 corvette ( 1st time hed ever done a top and it turned out perfect. was supposed to come my last monday and start on a new project. 76 bronco. He was a great friend to me since i was in my teens, im 49 now. Had more knowledge on cars than i will ever have

Auto Transport Service
Back