• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Pics of your 68 or 69 Roadrunner

Ok, I am not a real computer guy but I finally figgered out this uploading thing. I've wanted a Mopar all my life and really love the Roadrunner/Superbees. I wish I could say that I brought this car to here but my talents are not in metalworking like Prop, Matt, Donny and others. You guys are very brave and I for one am glad to see what you all do to restore these great cars. But I digress.
Found this car on Ebay. It's from Conroe Texas. Body is VERY solid and it has only a documented 18K miles. (at least that is what the title says) Suspiciously, the fender tag is missing. Frankly, I really don't care. If I need to, I'll take it to the Galen Guy to have it verified, or not. BUT, I finally got mine.
I had the car shipped enclosed. The car ran like crap. I put in the Mopar performance ignition and a carb kit and did put in plug wires. dont worry I'm keeping everything. I should clarify, I found a local mopar guy and I helped him put it in. He is one of my customers. The car has a bunch of electrical issues and the interior is what I call "Texas Baked" The top of the back seat is so brittle, it will break, and the car needs paint as the roof is bubbling. But those are all very fixable. The engine is very strong which does lend to my confidence with reguard to milage of the vehicle. Someone before me took the dash apart and really half assed it back together. The car also had the front torsion adjusted all the way down to the nubs. Got that fixed.
Plans: fix all electrical gremlins this summer. I have ordered torq thrust chromes, 15"x8.5 with 255/60's on back 15'x7 with 225/70's on front. Roads are rough up here, hence the 70s on front. All new front end parts/alignment. In the winter, I'm taking it to get it painted and interior done. This guy does outstanding work.
Question to the purists: Since I have to get the interior redone, would you just go with something a little more modern, or try to have it brought back to it's original self. I for one wouldn't mind putting some sort of modern seatbelts.
Also, not sure the picture will show it, but, there are holes in the left side of the trunk lid like there was some sort of emblem there. I've looked and looked and have never seen anything there on others cars. Is it possible that a dealer drilled the holes and stuck the dealer emblem on the car?

Daryn

hey Daryn,

I was re-reading this post and looking at all of the cars again and I saw that you are planning on ordering 8.5" wide wheels for the rear of your car. Just curious why you are going with that instead of the standard 8"? I'm in the same boat - I have 8's on the back right now and my car used to have 245/60's which fit those perfect. I went up to 275/60's and although the 8's work, I was thinking maybe the 8.5's might look a bit better but have been worried about fitment so I haven't decided and ordered any yet. Any thoughts on this?

Finally took delivery of our car. Very little rust so far. About to pull the interior and the engine and transmission. Hope to get pics up shortly.

hey Daryn,

I was re-reading this post and looking at all of the cars again and I saw that you are planning on ordering 8.5" wide wheels for the rear of your car. Just curious why you are going with that instead of the standard 8"? I'm in the same boat - I have 8's on the back right now and my car used to have 245/60's which fit those perfect. I went up to 275/60's and although the 8's work, I was thinking maybe the 8.5's might look a bit better but have been worried about fitment so I haven't decided and ordered any yet. Any thoughts on this?

Well after much internal debate back and forth with myself, I did persuade myself into the 8.5 on the rear. I did it because I didn't want the tires to have a ballooned look. I wanted the sidewalls to be as vertical as possible. I also went with a 255/60 on the back. I think it was a 10.5 treadwidth. I went with 7's on the front with a 70 series. 225/70. I'm real happy with the way it came out. I think I might have to pick up the *** a little to gain some rear fender room. I believe they were a -24 offset on the back. I'll try to post some pics with the new shoes.

here they are

Wow, if you don't post pics very often you can easily forget how to do it. As you can see the rear needs to come up just a hair (maybe a half an inch) and the front will be coming down some as soon as the new front end kit goes in. My dash is torn apart waiting for a tach from year one that will accommodate an electronic ignition and waiting for the new sound system.

Daryn

Attachments

• 2011-05-08 19.52.20.jpg
    2011-05-08 19.52.20.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 1,672
  • 2011-05-08 19.52.32.jpg
    2011-05-08 19.52.32.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 1,676
  • 2011-05-08 19.52.44.jpg
    2011-05-08 19.52.44.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 1,685
  • 2011-05-08 19.53.05.jpg
    2011-05-08 19.53.05.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 1,664
  • IMG_20110330_155706.jpg
    IMG_20110330_155706.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,666
That is exactly the color my partner is wanting to paint his. Thanks Daryn.

Here is mine when it was red and now in Steel Grey Imeron.

Attachments

• 6pk-2.jpg
    6pk-2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,622
WOW!!! What a difference. I wonder how many dragstrips are called "Thunder Valley"?

here's mine right now.

That's me by the way, I'm 14.

102_6086.jpg

Ok maybe I'm several 14's.... :grin:

That's my oldest boy givin me a hand, damn I love help!!

Ok, I get all the original this and that, but THAT is your criticism of this car??????????? its the wrong hood?????? get a life. YOU wouldn't DRIVE it??

Didn't say I didn't like it or that I wouldn't drive it. Just saying that it was the wrong hood for such a great restoration. Same with the grill. Just sayin!

Hey 68RR my high school car was that light color green . I think FF1 , loved it. 30 yrs later I picked up this sweet unrusted 68 RR 383 4spd , 2nd owner , no rust , high optioned , JJ1 color . Car is numbers and never apart before , so I must keep it right. Have owned Mopars since 1972.

Attachments

• IMG_1645.jpg
    IMG_1645.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 1,523
Auto Transport Service
Back