• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Side view Mirrors from Classic Industries

Maybe I should ask where does the remote knob mount inside the car. Thanks, Don

Maybe I should ask where does the remote knob mount inside the car. Thanks, Don

You should have a hole in the upper door panel unless your car had a manual mirror. If not you will have to see the backside of the upper door panel for the area that has marks where to cut it out...

Just came across this thread, bought a set for my 72 Charger, agreed gaskets are useless and the screws are definitely useless.
Think I will try and install them on my doors tonight.

From my resto page:
View attachment 758711

In case you can't tell the repro is on the left; my original on the right has a bad replacement mirror over top of the original cracked mirror.
View attachment 758712

Passenger side:
View attachment 758713

The passenger side mirror head does not even look like the original one...

You should have a hole in the upper door panel unless your car had a manual mirror. If not you will have to see the backside of the upper door panel for the area that has marks where to cut it out...
I know for a fact that these are the original mirrors. The car has been in the family since 1978 . I was just trying to figure out why the remote knob was never installed from the factory. Any pics. would be appreciated . Thanks

I got a set of chrome mirrors for my 73 Charger from Herbs more than 7 years ago, everything worked good the gaskets are plastic like the originals, however my original factory drivers gasket has a thick side to it I reused the original for that proper fit and angel of the gasket. The screws were correct. The drivers side mirror needs to be adjusted at steep angel compared to the original one. nothing is like the originals we all know that. over all they are good and acceptable.

This is similar to the OP's post about mirrors not fitting correctly.

Same issue with outside door handles. HEY Classic, ever get those :mad::mad::mad::mad: figured as well?

This is similar to the OP's post about mirrors not fitting correctly.
Same issue with outside door handles. HEY Classic, ever get those :mad::mad::mad::mad: figured as well?

We are making good progress in solving the mirror issue. We have discontinued the sale of the original product, and have identified and sourced the proper screws, hardware, and gaskets that the original poster called our attention to. We have been in contact with the factory that engineered these problem mirrors to explain what the issue is with the mirror design. They are now aware of the issue, have authorized the return of our remaining inventory, and have promised to have their engineers review the product and tooling to see if these problems can be overcome.

In the meantime, we have sourced a competing product that is produced by a different factory, using different tooling, and we have an order on the way. Once the new inventory comes in, we will be reviewing it carefully to ensure it is up-to-standard, and will be coupling it with our newly sourced hardware set to ensure future customers have their needs covered in the way of screws, and gaskets. Once our review of this new product is complete, we will make the "new and improved" product available for sale, and we will post an update here on this thread.

We'd like to Thank the members of For B-Bodies Only for your help in getting to the bottom of the issue with these mirrors. As for the outside door handles rrTor-Red just mentioned, we are not aware the issue you have described with door handles, but we would appreciate it if you could DM us here with more details, or direct us to any thread that describes the problem in detail. If there is something we can do to improve product quality or fitment, and to help our valued customers, we are always interested in learning more about it and at your service.

Ray Yager
Merchandising Director
Classic Industries Corp.

We are making good progress in solving the mirror issue. We have discontinued the sale of the original product, and have identified and sourced the proper screws, hardware, and gaskets that the original poster called our attention to. We have been in contact with the factory that engineered these problem mirrors to explain what the issue is with the mirror design. They are now aware of the issue, have authorized the return of our remaining inventory, and have promised to have their engineers review the product and tooling to see if these problems can be overcome.

In the meantime, we have sourced a competing product that is produced by a different factory, using different tooling, and we have an order on the way. Once the new inventory comes in, we will be reviewing it carefully to ensure it is up-to-standard, and will be coupling it with our newly sourced hardware set to ensure future customers have their needs covered in the way of screws, and gaskets. Once our review of this new product is complete, we will make the "new and improved" product available for sale, and we will post an update here on this thread.

We'd like to Thank the members of For B-Bodies Only for your help in getting to the bottom of the issue with these mirrors. As for the outside door handles rrTor-Red just mentioned, we are not aware the issue you have described with door handles, but we would appreciate it if you could DM us here with more details, or direct us to any thread that describes the problem in detail. If there is something we can do to improve product quality or fitment, and to help our valued customers, we are always interested in learning more about it and at your service.

Ray Yager
Merchandising Director
Classic Industries Corp.

Ray:

Sent you a message. I didn't want to highjack the OP's thread

Has Classic received the New Inventory ? Do we know the part number? Need to buy mirrors.

Same issue every where I have found. The problem is simple, they copied a passenger mirror and simply reversed it for the driver side. Mine is the same and I'm so sorry I sold my original. I could have had it rechromed.
One day someone will make a good one. I haven't heard from anyone that has actually purchased a 521 mirror to see if they are correct, but most others are NOT.

Ray Yager
Merchandising Director
Classic Industries Corp.

Hey Ray: Ever get these issues corrected?

Great news everyone, well great for me anyway. The guy I bought the car from 8 years ago called me to tell me he found a box buried in his closet and in it was the original Drivers side Chrome mirror in great shape. So my search for a correct mirror is done. It needs some polishing , bot other than that it's good to go.
20191004_103818.jpg
20191004_103829.jpg

I would still like to see the suppliers get the Aftermarket ones right. I know Jeff at 521 Restorations has sent an original mirror to the Factory so that they can copy it and retool to make them correctly. I am in touch with him periodically to check on the status and will continue to do so just to be able to update this thread when he has a viable option.

Excellent news, I am sorry I sold mine.
I do wonder if a thicker gasket would help (some)???

Auto Transport Service
Back