• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Site upgrade...

I pretty much have the same screen on my phone as my computer. Don't really see much that as changed.

Actually it seems to run best (and cheapest) on the hot air generated by some of the people right here at FBBO. It's amazing how much energy can be captured from over-use of slide-rules and Logarithm Table handbooks. :p

BTW....for the record, I agree that 60Hz is a better frequency for clocks ....however, 50Hz fits better with the metric system. :thumbsup:
My old slide rule (a Pickett Log-Log duplex deci-trig, with full trigonometric functions including all the co-secant functions), still provides 3 decimal point results but I still prefer a computer for Log tables, as it provides better resolution......and, yes, much energy can be recovered using an appropriately sized gas-gas (hot air is the motivating fluid) heat exchanger, assuming that the delta T is sufficient to make the effort worthwhile.....but it is determined by the client.......just taking out loud.....(and generating copious amounts of hot air)......
BOB RENTON

1654129176083.png

Yo! This isn’t an issue, but rather a suggestion for future posts, or for some current threads to be updated.

Myself and I’m sure many others on here use this site while we’re at work, on work computers. Clicking into a thread with nudity could be an issue, and to prevent that from happening, all threads with nudity should have “NSFW” in the title. For people that don’t know what that stands for.. Not Safe For Work.

Again, just a suggestion.

Yo! This isn’t an issue, but rather a suggestion for future posts, or for some current threads to be updated.

Myself and I’m sure many others on here use this site while we’re at work, on work computers. Clicking into a thread with nudity could be an issue, and to prevent that from happening, all threads with nudity should have “NSFW” in the title. For people that don’t know what that stands for.. Not Safe For Work.

That would be in the Blue Forum only. No nudity is allowed in any other forum.

Wonder why so many are having problems. When it comes to computers I'm about as stupid as it gets and everything is working fine for me.

That would be in the Blue Forum only. No nudity is allowed in any other forum.

Right, but when I scroll through the most recent posts, I only look at the title, not what sub-forum its under.

Right, but when I scroll through the most recent posts, I only look at the title, not what sub-forum its under.
Sounds like you need to pay closer attention. What are you doing on here when you are at work? Asking for a supervisor! :poke::poke::lol::lol:

Sounds like you need to pay closer attention. What are you doing on here when you are at work? Asking for a supervisor! :poke::poke::lol::lol:

Oh, absolutely! I'm just trying to make it as obvious as possible for my blindness and inability to thoroughly look things over. Well, I am a director so I make the rules up as I go along. :bananadance:

Joey, when I log on to the saved on Google it always says :" Oops something went wrong."

I had to clear the cookies in both my computer and phone to be able to log in again. That is about the extent of my computer skills. If cleaning out the cookie jar doesn't do it then I'm at a brick wall.

I hope you're not a government employee.

Haven't had to do anything different on my phone or laptop....gotta try my desktop next but I haven't turned that thing on in weeks.

Since the upgrade, the topics pages are only sized to about 3/4’s of my screen. Is there a way to extend it to full screen? The red circled area in pic is just dead space on my screen. I’m using an IPad - never had a problem before.
BE0965AA-5637-461A-A65B-D4457AE5161C.jpeg

Same here but on a laptop.

Auto Transport Service
Back