• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Six barrell spring & throttle set up

clazar

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:03 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking for a pix of the spring & throttle setup for a six barrell. I had mine off & am not sure i have it back on correctly. Any help is appreciated.

63b852b1fd8a21e019c84549_DSCN9856_2.jpg

The only difference in my set up is: the GRERN RETURN SPRING is flipped over and the LONG end is hooked on the short side of the connecting stud at the throttle cable connection point. Plus....I use a safety spring inside the GREEN Spring hooked to the same points....this spring has less tension but the same overall length.....just in case......it cannot be seen unless you look for it.....just my opinion.....
BOB RENTON

Plus....I use a safety spring inside the GREEN Spring hooked to the same points....this spring has less tension but the same overall length.....just in case......it cannot be seen unless you look for it.....just my opinion.....
BOB RENTON
This is GREAT advice, folks. For any engine. Happened to me back in the day during a run, engine rpm's started to climb, I shut down before any damage. All this happens in seconds. I use a secondary spring since.

Happened to me driving into SC from NC ,cut of engine and pulled into the rest stop. Spring broke and RPMs wide open :steering:

Auto Transport Service
Back