• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Six pack hood

Took a while but got the hood to lay down. Gap is a little tight on the drivers side; going to sand it down 1/8". The hood seems to bow up just slightly right at the hinges, even with the C-273 springs installed.

20210414_194609.jpg

All the material has arrived. Looking to get the hood painted this weekend.

20210504_204253_HDR.jpg

Got the hood back today and installed. The Hot Rod black is a matte but these pictures make it look shiny. It's not as flat as organisol, and doesn't have the texture. BUT, I love it. Nothing like driving down the road and looking out over a 6 pak hood scoop.
And my buddy charged $400 and helped me re-install it.

20210516_130203_HDR.jpg 20210516_130244_HDR.jpg

I had a Six Pack hood on my 1969 Superbee, and the view through the windshield over that big scoop was awesome!

thanks looking at buying one for my 68. live in IL. what's your guys verdict on the companies? glasstek is a town away from me

Go check them out! It's been many moons since i've been there.

Mine was am AAR that I bought new many years ago and I painted it with organisol with the texture. It shows everything. Don't get any cleaner, decreased or waxes on the finish. I used to just clean with a feather duster.

Picture.jpg

Picture 001.jpg

Coronet pics #2 006 [640x480-2].jpg

IMG_2016.jpeg
IMG_2017.jpeg
No, I used to take off my AAR lift off sixpack hood and place it on the roof of my 69 Coronet R/T by myself all the time.
I have done that for 47 years on my X with an original 69 fiberglass liftoff. It’s not a big deal unless you are a smaller guy. The originals were a bit heavier than the after markets.

The thing I see on most of these after markets in the preceding pics is the design is not correct on some - the originals had design on the hood from the front and leading to the scoop. There were two different looks - the Bird and the Bee. The Bee was not wide like mine it was a straight narrow rise from front to the scoop. Not to be too picky but this one came off a 69 6 Pak Bird in 72 and shows what I’m referring to. I think the guy with the all blue bird in this thread has it correct.,

Last edited:
I never noticed the different rises before between the Plymouth and Dodge.

Go check them out! It's been many moons since i've been there.
Agree. IF I were to buy some fiberglass, I would absolutely buy from my local builder, if they make what I want (unfortunately, the company local to me builds nothing for my cars I would buy glass for).
You can inspect before purchase, avoid HUGE crating and shipping charges, and reduce the chance of shipping damage. (Assuming good padding, and a pickup truck.)
Buying local is a no-brainer.

That hood has a lot of beautiful bracing underneath, to simulate a real A12 hood..... and then completely blows it by not having the stock rr (or super bee) detail on the top of the hood.
Can be spotted as a repop from across a parking lot, by a real hood owner.

I have a VFN hood. The latch holes aren't even close to where they should be.

This statement:
You Guys do realize that they made two different hoods with different locations
for the latches in 68? Early & late.
has no bearing on the 'glass hood hole positions since a) they'd be fools to put them in the spot where ther was such a short run of hoods and b) even if they did initially, they've had 50+ years to get them right !!

No, the hole position is just piss poor quality control.

Auto Transport Service
Back