• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Six Pack Mechanical Carbs....what air cleaner?

You wanna try that set up on Your street car more power to you. It’s a **** setup period. Might work for track use only.

Not telling Anyone to try it. This is what they were selling ya'. Why do ya' think it was meant for the SS class?

Easy guys...
We are just sharing information, and it's certainly ok to point out what experience may say is "bad advice" even if said advice comes from Ma Mopar...
In my extensive, nay, psychopathic amount of research I did on the Weiand 6bbl intake and all of the satellite parts and tweaks, IF you have a stock or near stock displacement 440, I believe these mods are better than the ones in the Chrysler Performance manual, and this guy tried both ways.
His mods which obviously and per his own evaluation and observations reduced plenum volume, increased velocity and fuel atomization (or maintained it better) and effected flow patterns resulted in .20 faster ¼ mile times.
Here's some pix:
Weiand Manifold Mods 006 (1).jpg
Weiand Manifold Mods 007.jpg
Weiand Manifold Mods 008 (1).jpg
Weiand Manifold Mods 009.jpg

The green "epoxy putty" forms dams to prevent liquid fuel from running down the intake runners and the "dots" of it that actually resemble Hershey Kisses were an effort to reduce puddling, and he used some other material in the runners to change their shape and volume. Unfortunately, when I spoke and emailed with him, he had only run the 440 in his E-Body car with this arrangement for a year or 2 IIRC, so I'm sure further R&D can be done.
What I'm REALLY looking for is info on a couple of F&B DPI/EFI setups that have used this intake!!
One immediate benefit of having "throttle bodies" for air intake with separate fuel injectors plumbed in to the intake runners right before they contact the cylinder heads is it becomes a "dry intake", removing the worst inherent problems that come with its design.
THOSE are the reports I'm looking for, but the 68 A-Body Barracuda that is one car (moselyme on the A-Body forum) I'm most interested in is taking FOREVER for him to complete. In his defense, he's very meticulous and the car is amazing.
Again, the link to the Victory Library page, with the referenced data at the bottom of the page:
http://victorylibrary.com/mopar/weiand-c.htm
And here's a link to moselyme on FABO:
https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showcase/p3690982-weiand-six-pack-tunnel-ram.10754/

Not telling Anyone to try it. This is what they were selling ya'. Why do ya' think it was meant for the SS class?
Oh I know its a street car and for the first time the wow factor might outdo the performance factor! Plus I like a challenge i have some different setups in mind they couldn't do in that class! What really makes it exciting is most people save forget it . It's kinda reminds me of the old drag racing when they made things work!
You learn from your mistakes!

I also did a ton of work on my mechanical outboards. They have unadjustable idle circuits out of the box. I found them to be lean on my 511 so I added adjustable idle circuits and adjustable IAB’s as well. I run a 4412 as a center instead of the tiny stock carb.

View attachment 1141176 View attachment 1141177 View attachment 1141178 View attachment 1141179 View attachment 1141180 View attachment 1141181 View attachment 1141182 View attachment 1141183 View attachment 1141185 View attachment 1141184
Nice work! You must be a machinist or maintenance in a factory

The 02 meter is a innovative LM2 https://innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm2.php.
I couldn’t do 3/4 of the stuff I do without it. It really opened the door for me to really dig in and lean how to manipulate all the circuits on these carbs. In other words it’s some of the best money I could have ever spent. Lol. I only run it on the car when I’m tuning. I’ve used it on a few other cars as well when doing carb work. Some guys put more permanent gauges on, I just don’t see the need for it. Once they’re tuned up they don’t change. I did do a thread on the mechanical carbs a few years back. I’d have to look for it.
Makes me think of throttle bodies! Tunnel ram and 2 four barrels is what I cut my teeth on drag racing in the 80s ! Good linkage and carbs we ran consistent 10.54s . The tunnel ram didn't do much but keep the car consistent

You wanna try that set up on Your street car more power to you. It’s a **** setup period. Might go down the drag strip. All it’s doing is trying to compensate for the poor distribution on the intake. I’d concentrate on fixing the intake before I did that to any set of carbs

I’ll rank that up there with the mopar valve lash chart that should be used as a piece of toilet paper as well.
I agree it doesn't look like the best intake for atomized fuel ! Looks like it has a better chance of bringing fuel back to liquid.
68 hemi have you had experience with this intake?

Easy guys...
We are just sharing information, and it's certainly ok to point out what experience may say is "bad advice" even if said advice comes from Ma Mopar...
In my extensive, nay, psychopathic amount of research I did on the Weiand 6bbl intake and all of the satellite parts and tweaks, IF you have a stock or near stock displacement 440, I believe these mods are better than the ones in the Chrysler Performance manual, and this guy tried both ways.
His mods which obviously and per his own evaluation and observations reduced plenum volume, increased velocity and fuel atomization (or maintained it better) and effected flow patterns resulted in .20 faster ¼ mile times.
Here's some pix:
View attachment 1141304 View attachment 1141305 View attachment 1141306 View attachment 1141307
The green "epoxy putty" forms dams to prevent liquid fuel from running down the intake runners and the "dots" of it that actually resemble Hershey Kisses were an effort to reduce puddling, and he used some other material in the runners to change their shape and volume. Unfortunately, when I spoke and emailed with him, he had only run the 440 in his E-Body car with this arrangement for a year or 2 IIRC, so I'm sure further R&D can be done.
What I'm REALLY looking for is info on a couple of F&B DPI/EFI setups that have used this intake!!
One immediate benefit of having "throttle bodies" for air intake with separate fuel injectors plumbed in to the intake runners right before they contact the cylinder heads is it becomes a "dry intake", removing the worst inherent problems that come with its design.
THOSE are the reports I'm looking for, but the 68 A-Body Barracuda that is one car (moselyme on the A-Body forum) I'm most interested in is taking FOREVER for him to complete. In his defense, he's very meticulous and the car is amazing.
Again, the link to the Victory Library page, with the referenced data at the bottom of the page:
http://victorylibrary.com/mopar/weiand-c.htm
And here's a link to moselyme on FABO:
https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showcase/p3690982-weiand-six-pack-tunnel-ram.10754/

A curiosity question regarding the epoxy "additions" to the STR manifold.....are you concerned with any of the epoxy pieces or the wood volume reducing pieces coming loose during operation and being injested?? I would think that the cured epoxy pieces are solid rather something like cured RTV. Being solid, would they shatter if caught in a valve or smashed by the pistons? Just asking......
BOB RENTON

I agree it doesn't look like the best intake for atomized fuel ! Looks like it has a better chance of bringing fuel back to liquid.
68 hemi have you had experience with this intake?
I dont want to speak for anyone else, or put words in anothers mouth, but.... i think 68 hemi was referring to the carb mods, which look terrible, rather than the manifold, which doesnt look terrible but admittedly needs work to work well.

I dont want to speak for anyone else, or put words in anothers mouth, but.... i think 68 hemi was referring to the carb mods, which look terrible, rather than the manifold, which doesnt look terrible but admittedly needs work to work well.
Intake mods have worked and the one with all the epoxy, that guy has probably pissed with that intake more than anyone and I know he nailed the performance of pretty good because I tried to purchase some of his stuff and he said it's going to

There was another guy at the race track, I can't remember his name, but he ran that weiand peanut roaster and really did well !!! But you never see his hood open, it was always shut!

Auto Transport Service
Back