• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Six pack on a 440 under a stock 69 flat hood

HDDS

Local time
11:24 PM
Reaction score
Asking for a friend. Has anyone put a sixpack setup on a 440 under a stock flat hood on a 69 road runner? Wanting to know if this will fit. Thank you.

I suspect it will, on a stock sixpack manifold. I dont think a sixpack is any higher than a typical highrise four barrel, except for maybe the front end of the front carb. Depending on what aircleaner you use, you may have to notch some of the under hood bracing.

FWIW, It fits in my '69 Barracuda. No carb spacers, no hood pad, but no bracing removed. Air cleaner super tight to the hood at the distributor area due to the driveline offset.
Don't install air cleaner studs until you know how much clearance you have.

It fits on a A body, why not a B body???
20171109_094355.jpg

i had a six pack on my old 69 road runner with a stock hood fit perfect but you got to have three speed wipers for air cleaner to fit

i had a six pack on my old 69 road runner with a stock hood fit perfect but you got to have three speed wipers for air cleaner to fit
And to someone who might not know much about Mopars, that comment can make absolutely no sense :lol:

Yeah, those two speeds are a little close on the Barracuda as well......
upload_2020-9-10_9-54-18.png

the 3-speed wiper motor sits sideways and provides the necessary clearance for the 6-pack baseplate.

And yes, it all fits under a stock hood.

Thanks for the explanation of the wiper difference and the confirmation of the sixpack fit.

Auto Transport Service
Back