• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

six pack vs 6 barrel

kev1452

Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
I think I know the answer to this.. now don't laugh at me, but was Six Pack exclusively a Dodge term while Six Barrel was Plymouth????

I think I know the answer to this.. now don't laugh at me, but was Six Pack exclusively a Dodge term while Six Barrel was Plymouth????

:icon_thumleft: You got it! Lot's of strictly Dodge or Plymouth terms that are basically the same thing. That's one of them.

Yep, like Magnum and Super Commando. They also sometimes had different names for the same paint colors.

And Ramcharger and Super Stock. Ron

Dodge cars had the Ramcharger hood fresh air option, and Plymouth cars had the Air Grabber hood fresh air option. Both are coded N96. E body N96 cars are Shaker hood cars,both Dodge and Plymouth.

Yeah but Six Pack with an Air Grabber just "makes it".

Six of one half a dozen of the other
:drinks:

I had all that on my X. For whatever reason I always preferred to call it a Six Pack. Didn’t like the term 6 Barrel - Thought it didn’t sound nearly as cool. Most didn’t really know there was a distinction…..

Plymouth Super Commando Motor
Dodge Magnum Engine

:eek:

:rofl:

Sixpack....

617490429_o-3711970039.jpg

Six Barrels...

six-oil-barrels-pallet-27319078-1537622262.jpg

Which would you rather have...

So, if I took a 3x2 from a Dodge and put it under an Air Grabber hood, I could call it a 6-pack. :rolleyes:

Auto Transport Service
Back