• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

six pack vs 6 barrel

I’ve always called my ‘70 V code ‘Cuda a Six Pack. Funny thing is, it says “Cuda 440-6” on the Shaker.

I’ve always called my ‘70 V code ‘Cuda a Six Pack. Funny thing is, it says “Cuda 440-6” on the Shaker.
Yeah, it's a more "common" dare I say more natural, less "car enthusiast/geek" term to say 6 PACK...

Wow that is a lot of six-barrels Birds indeed!

Well if mother Mopar didn't make a sixpack Daytona it will have to be an 8-bbl hemi instead.

426 keeper hemi.jpg

Wow that is a lot of six-barrels Birds indeed!
Well if mother Mopar didn't make a sixpack Daytona it will have to be an 8-bbl hemi instead.
There ARE a lot of 6bbl Birds, relatively speaking, and I love to see them!
My personal experience with my "warmed over" 70 V-code Roadrunner, and the factory 6bbl vs modern race 4bbl intake setups as reflected in dyno results from Hughes and elsewhere, even on 500+ cu in stroker motors, PROVES what an advanced, well engineered, and balanced high power output platform the Edelbrock/Chrysler + Holley 6 Pack is. With added options from Promax or Quick Fuel that make tuning for street/strip and race applications easy to implement, and porting and other improvements by the aftermarket, even after 50 years it's a setup that is still eye candy, elicitor of "Ooos" and "Wows", and the feeling of the outboard carbs opening when rolling into the throttle, it is a LEGEND that still delivers today!
The FiTech 6bbl EFI setup takes the factory 6bbl intake into a pairing with modern day technology for applications up to 600 horsepower, and if you go beyond the factory dual plane, standard port size intake to the designs in the aftermarket of single plane and Max Wedge port size 6bbl options, and TB/DPI EFI fuel delivery options like the F&B 6bbl components, the sky is the limit.

Auto Transport Service
Back