• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Slicks are on...... Let's go !

Canadian1968

Local time
3:23 AM
Reaction score
Goy my slicks mounted on the rims . And a test fit just for fun! Can't wait till Ontario opens up the track .

If all goes well should be able to post in the "12 second combo " thread !

good luck on the quest

maybe lets see some/show US fitment photos
maybe some size, brand & rubber compound details etc.

Lol . My bad totally forgot to post the pictures hahaha

68 Charger R/T full street trim .

Slicks are a used set of ET streets I picked up . 26x10x15 .

20210601_170302.jpg 20210601_170139.jpg

Personal best is 13.22 @ 105 with 60ft 1.9 on BFG g-force street tires .

Hoping the slicks will get me to the 12s

What was the MPH?
Doug

105 mph. Letting me leave the line with more throttle will hopefully know another tenth off my 60 ft . don't know if the mph will increase ?

1.9 is actually not that bad for regular street tires (my opinion only). 105 is 12 second mph if it hooks and you can leave harder. Look for a sub 1.8 60ft. 1.7something, and i bet you'll get there.
Edit : your mph likely wont increase, and may actually go down slightly.
E.t is hook, and torque, mph is horsepower. Slicks help the hook, but you have done nothing to the horsepower. You might lose mph if the slicks are taller than your street tires.

1.9 is actually not that bad for regular street tires (my opinion only).

Yep. I contend that a B Body with a true street tire (P235 70 15-ish), stock-ish converter, and 3.23/3.55 gear can get to 2.0 with practice. Add more gear and a bigger street tire and 1.9 is about as good as it gets. There are always exceptions.

Look for a sub 1.8 60ft. 1.7something, and i bet you'll get there.

Yep. You'll be close. Probably what will make the difference between a 12.90 and a 13.05 will be weather/atmospheric conditions and your driving. My guess is that it will pick up 0.25 (about 0.15 in 60") overall with everything else equal from your 13.22/1.9/105 run.

Yea 105 is easy 12's with hook. I ran 12.84 @ 104 in my buddies Duster so you have 12's with decent hook. Good luck , Ron

Finally made it to the track.
First run I put the tires at 15 PSI, which was way to much was spinning a lot off the start. I got down to 11 PSI and the car started to hook.
I ran a 13.19 then hot lapped back around and hit my new personal best so far

13.03 @ 104.64 MPH with a 1.87 60 ft time

I would of liked to make one more run but I had leave .

So very close to the 12 I was looking for, and there is no doubt the car will do it, just another day.

Another thing worth mentioning , I was running the car with out the check-ball in the vacuum canister, last time I was out. I had put the ball back in to see if it would effect the street manners at all. I kind of forgot about it when I was at the track, and my first few runs my MPH was way down 101 range . When I remembered about the ball, I decided to leave the ball but went to a lighter spring in the secondaries. I pick up .8 of MPH in the 1/8 and back up to my high 104- 105 range. I will probably try a lighter spring still next time (currently running tall Yellow) , and I know I can still get more off line.

Over all a great day !!!

Sounds like you had a good time. That's great. I agree, you'll get there.

What carb do you have? Keep putting in a lighter secondary spring until it slows down (usually a slight bog at the track).

BSB67

Its just a classic Holley 750 (3310). I have added a rear metering block so I can have a bit more control over the secondary fuel. I also removed the choke horn and filled the the sides with epoxy to try and help with air flow anyway I can. I know its a pretty ancient carb and there are way better ones out there.

Down the road I am debating weather a new carb or new Torque converter would give any gains.

Another thing on my list is to bump my shift point up a bit more , currently 5200ish the car still feel like its pulling super strong so may try 5500 see what I get . Although I didn't think the 906 with my amature port work would be flowing much

Last edited:
BSB67

Its just a classic Holley 750 (3310). I have added a rear metering block so I can have a bit more control over the secondary fuel. I also removed the choke horn and filled the the sides with epoxy to try and help with air flow anyway I can. I know its a pretty ancient carb and there are way better ones out there.

Down the road I am debating weather a new carb or new Torque converter would give any gains.

Another thing on my list is to bump my shift point up a bit more , currently 5200ish the car still feel like its pulling super strong so may try 5500 see what I get .

Go to the short white spring, and go stiffer if you need too. Don't evalute on the street, only at the track. Probably do back to back at the track to really know. The long yellow is pretty light, but I'd guess the white will pick it up a little

I started the day off with the silver spring, then went to the tall yellow. I think the only one left is the white (lightest) , there is short yellow but its not much different from the tall if I remember .

You need some longer wheel studs and open lug nuts to pass tech. Drive shaft loop is also a good idea.

You need some longer wheel studs and open lug nuts to pass tech. Drive shaft loop is also a good idea.

I actually have a drive shaft loop already. I'm not competing , but why would I need longer wheel studs ?

Auto Transport Service
Back