• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Small spring experts or expurts.....valve spring size type springs for a garden tractor seat.

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
Have to do something about my seat and a new cushy seat ain't cheap so gonna try and make the one I have more comfy. The seat I have now sits (no pun intended) on a 'C' spring which doesn't have much spring to it so I'm contemplating cutting the front part of that mount (spring that doesn't) and hinging it in the front with small springs in the back. The springs I have are 2 1/8" free and 150 lbs at 1 1/4" and 220 lbs at 1". Are these too heavy? There will be two springs of the same rating at the back of the seat, one on each side. I bought this GT back in 88 or so because the 'old' guy that had it couldn't take the beating and now I'm the old guy :(

Have to do something about my seat and a new cushy seat ain't cheap so gonna try and make the one I have more comfy. The seat I have now sits (no pun intended) on a 'C' spring which doesn't have much spring to it so I'm contemplating cutting the front part of that mount (spring that doesn't) and hinging it in the front with small springs in the back. The springs I have are 2 1/8" free and 150 lbs at 1 1/4" and 220 lbs at 1". Are these too heavy? There will be two springs of the same rating at the back of the seat, one on each side. I bought this GT back in 88 or so because the 'old' guy that had it couldn't take the beating and now I'm the old guy :(
That's a good idea. I have some old used ones. My old toro 48 has a broken one.
I got a mission now for tomarrow.:lol:

Yup, the springs I have are way too heavy so I'm on the hunt. Also found a small engine shop not too far from me that has a junk yard of mowers so I might check them out for a decent seat but also have sent a message to Fix.com asking how long that spring is and if it's possible to tell me the rate of it....

Auto Transport Service
Back