• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sniper help

Loulang

Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
My sniper handheld says my voltage goes down into the low 9’s and has a red box but my other voltage guage stays around 12. She runs great and starts right back up. Any suggestions? Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Check all your 'ground' connections.....make sure you have a good bond of clean steel all the way between battery and connections.

Don't try and short-cut any connections.

I have put all new ground strips on And all new wiring harness for the engine and the headlights and the interior

image.jpg

I have a separate guage on battery that will read like 12 but my sniper handheld goes up and down from almost 12 to high 9’s. I’m thinking my sniper is reading my voltage limiter now that I’ve been pondering on the subject

I have a separate guage on battery that will read like 12 but my sniper handheld goes up and down from almost 12 to high 9’s. I’m thinking my sniper is reading my voltage limiter now that I’ve been pondering on the subject
Use a trusted voltmeter to measure your voltages - don't rely on an Autometer or similar gauge.

Sniper output voltages are not the way to measure the battery voltage - same goes for all those aftermarket EFI systems.

Use proper test equipment if you have a problem.

Is your sniper systems power and ground wires connected directly to the battery like the instructions tell you to do?

Holley recommends direct battery connection.
I used a dual post battery & dedicated the side post specifically to my sniper to minimize any electrical issues.

Die Hard 34 78-4.jpg

I believe I just fixed it. I moved the ground closer to my alternator and now reading 12-11.9 thanks everyone for helping me out MUCH APPRECIATED as always.

Search: DieHard 34 78-4
I purchased from AutoZone

Here it is installed - I removed the DieHard labels, added Mopar & red caps

Battery Shot.jpg

Last edited:
I believe I just fixed it. I moved the ground closer to my alternator and now reading 12-11.9 thanks everyone for helping me out MUCH APPRECIATED as always.
I'm missing something.
You moved a secondary ground and then your reading changed?
But you wrote that your connected directly to the battery with the Sniper?

You have 12-11.9V with the car not running correct?
A fully charged battery should be around 12.5-12.7 Volts but that will drop as soon as you key it on as the fuel pump turns on and the ECU draws some power.
So 11.9-12V is plausible I guess.

What do you get while it's running?

Yes I’m connected directly to battery an I had my ground wire to the back of the bracket but I seen it didn’t look clean so I moved it closer to my alternator (in the front of bracket) made sure it was shiny clean and now I’m getting the 11.9-12 reading. My battery reads 12.7 ish so all seems to be good now.

Sniper reads voltage on the pink wire from what I understand.

Auto Transport Service
Back