• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So anybody try a wideband O2 on a crossrammed Hemi yet?

Whelp its all in just have to run the wires neatly. Do I buy 4150 metering bocks?

2 blader- 64 Sport Fury was instrumental in getting my crossram up and running. He is right it is a process! I would also be happy to share my set up if you need another reference point.
Getting to the point where I may wanna take a peek at your set up. Would be greatly appreciated for at least a somewhat possible starting point. My hemi is 472 CID Solid roller, 729 at the crank at 6800.

Getting to the point where I may wanna take a peek at your set up. Would be greatly appreciated for at least a somewhat possible starting point. My hemi is 472 CID Solid roller, 729 at the crank at 6800.
Ok!
In my metering blocks I have .025”restrictors for idle fuel restriction
Power valve is 9.5
Ngk plugs BKR4E gapped at .050”
Main jets primary side are 72 at the moment.

I strongly suggest measuring your current idle fuel and air bleeds using a set of pin gages before making any changes. You will want to incrementally approach the IFR.
Did you get those billet metering blocks?

BTW the blocks I bought were advertised as having .028” restrictors but when measured they were .032”- only lesson here is ‘trust but verify’ and write it down.

Gotcha…..first I need pin gauges. Everything is installed af gauge wise just didn’t buy any metering blocks yet. Are the metering blocks 4150 type or something different?

Gotcha…..first I need pin gauges. Everything is installed af gauge wise just didn’t buy any metering blocks yet. Are the metering blocks 4150 type or something different?
Hi 2 blader
I bought a set of pin gages for $20 on Ebay that did the trick. What carbs are you running?

Hi 2 blader
I bought a set of pin gages for $20 on Ebay that did the trick. What carbs are you running?
Holley 4160’s single fuel inlet. The same carb setup you would buy from Ray Barton for the cross ram intake. Thx for the help JD.

43DA5E2B-3F7B-4B2F-AEED-37D4EF7567A5.jpeg 1C043D2D-DCD1-4995-9366-D0951AA29925.jpeg

Ok!
Power valve is 9.5

I strongly suggest measuring your current idle fuel and air bleeds using a set of pin gages before making any changes. You will want to incrementally approach the IFR.

BTW the blocks I bought were advertised as having .028” restrictors but when measured they were .032”- only lesson here is ‘trust but verify’ and write it down.
Which Blocks did you buy JD?

Which Blocks did you buy JD?
Hi 2 Blader
I got the Proform blocks. Also in my journey with this set up I noticed that inspite of having just a mechanical fuel pump, it was delivering more pressure than the 4160 Holleys could tolerate (and caused flooding). I strongly recommend an adjustable fuel pressure regulator if you dont already have one. Nuff said.

Hi 2 Blader
I got the Proform blocks. Also in my journey with this set up I noticed that inspite of having just a mechanical fuel pump, it was delivering more pressure than the 4160 Holleys could tolerate (and caused flooding). I strongly recommend an adjustable fuel pressure regulator if you dont already have one. Nuff said.
Cool thanks.

As long as there are no exhaust leaks your readings should be accurate enough to help you tune. The billet metering blocks will get you there as well. Keep us posted and ask if you need assistance. Good luck.
Whelp, I knew I would have a question. Regarding the air bleeds in the main body of the carbs themselves, when you drilled and tapped them (for adjustable air bleeds) what thread did you tap them? Did you tap all 8 the same per carburetor or did you stagger the sizes between 10-32 and 6-32? Seems like it would be tight doing them all in 10-32. ….lastly when doing the air bleeds on the primary side, did you install them where you removed the press in ones OR in the corresponding holes that mate up to the metering block. Which would necessitate removing the primary bowl and metering block to adjust them? Thanks in advance Scott

Ok!
Power valve is 9.5

Odd, I have my one carb apart and Holley says it comes with a 6.5 power valve. Seems mine has a 2.5 power valve since it has a 2 embossed right on it. I have a new 6.5 and that of course has a 6 embossed on it. Yep, different spring and pressure you can feel. Thinking of going back to 6.5 as I cannot think why it was set up like this being a street car.... Just got the AED metering blocks in also.

Odd, I have my one carb apart and Holley says it comes with a 6.5 power valve. Seems mine has a 2.5 power valve since it has a 2 embossed right on it. I have a new 6.5 and that of course has a 6 embossed on it. Yep, different spring and pressure you can feel. Thinking of going back to 6.5 as I cannot think why it was set up like this being a street car.... Just got the AED metering blocks in also.

hi 2 blader
The powervalve on my 4160 was also 6.5.
In driving the car however in cruise my vacuum is typically 15-17 in Hg.
Going up a hill would take it to 10 or maybe 8 in Hg. Ernesto in 64 Sportfury also had some similar readings with his crossram.

I have been running a 9.5 and I think he has 10.5 if I recall correctly. You may want to experiment with those when you get the car out and can observe vacuum readings along with A/F.

hi 2 blader
The powervalve on my 4160 was also 6.5.
In driving the car however in cruise my vacuum is typically 15-17 in Hg.
Going up a hill would take it to 10 or maybe 8 in Hg. Ernesto in 64 Sportfury also had some similar readings with his crossram.

I have been running a 9.5 and I think he has 10.5 if I recall correctly. You may want to experiment with those when you get the car out and can observe vacuum readings along with A/F.
10-4. Err how do I measure vacuum while driving? ...and Thanks JD.

You could rig one up temporarily for testing. JD is correct, I run a 10.5 power valve and my cruise vacuum is around 16-18 in. hg. If you have an AFR gauge and you cruise up an incline you will see the afr's go lean. If you know your cruise vacuum reading you can reduce the amount of lean time with the appropriate power valve.

You could rig one up temporarily for testing. JD is correct, I run a 10.5 power valve and my cruise vacuum is around 16-18 in. hg. If you have an AFR gauge and you cruise up an incline you will see the afr's go lean. If you know your cruise vacuum reading you can reduce the amount of lean time with the appropriate power valve.
10-4.

Hi 2 blader
I have a vacuum gage along with others hung under the dash
I know about a vacuum gauge. I just do not know where to take it from on the intake. There are NO vacuum ports on my carburetors and no ports anywhere on my intake manifold. Sorry I wasn't clear about that. Scott

Forgive me if you've mentioned it in a previous post but I couldn't find it. Which crossram are you running. The MP crossrams have a port between the carbs to the rear of the linkage pivot.

Forgive me if you've mentioned it in a previous post but I couldn't find it. Which crossram are you running. The MP crossrams have a port between the carbs to the rear of the linkage pivot.
Ray Barton Cross ram. I guess I could pull of the top and drill and tap for one. I will have to look up the MP intake to see where it is and what it looks like. Do you know the thread of it off hand Ernesto? Thx Scott

Auto Transport Service
Back