• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So F#'n Tired of WINTER!!!! 2014

It’s back. Minus thirty nine tonight, thirty nine tomorrow, forty on Wednesday. That without counting windchill like a pussy. Last week I was wearing crocs and shorts on the beach in Mexico, now this. Jeep was frozen solid this morning, wife’s car froze solid while she worked today. Can’t wait to go back to Mexico in March.View attachment 1389966
People get used to their living conditions at times. My Grandparents hand poor crops in South Dakota in the early 1900’s. 1908 came to Saskatchewan filed on a homestead, came south 14 miles and bought a half section of land with crops on it. This was July 4th to 8th. Sold their farm , came to Saskatchewan near the end of July with their contents and allowable livestock. Beautiful crops and garden. Everything froze solid about August 15th. Grandma was 24, 2 children no help from relatives. They learned to live with it.
We live in a sparsely populated province. But we don’t have many earthquakes, tornados, much flooding. Their is always the ugly head of politics.
Tonight we should be about -34C. In June you can drive for 3 hours into the sunset. At our cabin 150 miles north I can sit on the deck and read a book. Nothing like Sahara who can read 24 hours a day.
Big bonus last week our sunset was 4:54 this week 4:55.

Last edited:
I wonder about this too.
I'll never say that I hate the weather in California.
The politics and cost of living, sure....
It isn't even the first day of Winter yet and it already feels like I'm 3 months into it. I hate it and it doesn't even get that cold here. Upper 30s and fog.... today it feels like London. I hate fish and chips. Soccer sucks. I don't give a **** about the royal family. I brush my teeth daily and like ice in my drinks.

This.

D1CC1C75-1EF9-4546-9562-FDB56F91FA70.png

Man - 2014 in WI was Damn Cold

Green Bay

What made the winter of 2013-14 more remarkable was the number of days below zero.

Green Bay
established a new record with 54 days below zero, breaking the old record of 48 days set during the winter of 1976-77.

It's snowy enough that you can see it from space. :) This is the Vancouver lower mainland taken from the ISS yesterday (Dec. 21).
1671766693044.png

24 here right now.....at least it's not supposed to be as cold as it was in Feb 2021. Wind is 20-30 mph. The airport recorded a 41 mph gust.

-35 Wind Chill at Home

I hate the wind working at an Airport all my life

Below zero can honestly bee pretty relevant when calm , but man add wind at an Airport
Brutal

47F here and raining. Supposed to drop 40 degrees later today. Frozen **** everywhere tonight. All the snow is melting, not hurting my feelings at all...

You sound like my General Manager

Based on my hours during Packer Season with the likes of Favre and Rodgers the last thirty years and playoff games , trust me "I Live At The Airport" also

LOL Sarcasm

Merry Christmas

Auto Transport Service
Back