• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So i went out on a first date with a girl the other night...

My wifey doesn't have much to do with em on the fixing end of things..she will drive them and she drives a jeep in the summer (its a 5 speed) She will drive my 1971 442 with a 455 in it..I just got the 68 Satellite last september and she is a little wierded out by the 3 on the tree but she says she wants to drive it this summer..Women look freaking awsome driving a muscle car...

10 years and you're still not married????

No, my back and knee doesn't work well... ;)

She also watches all the car shows, Fast n' Loud, Overhaulin, Chassing Classic Cars. On birthdays she can tell men what backspacing/offset means...

No, my back and knee doesn't work well... ;)

She also watches all the car shows, Fast n' Loud, Overhaulin, Chassing Classic Cars. On birthdays she can tell men what backspacing/offset means...

good for you dickdale

If she didn't know what a clutch was then your better off ! Find a girl that can help you change plugs and oil then your set. My little lady has NO CLUE of performance cars but she supports me in every way. Even sit in the shop and ask's me Q's . Makes me laugh all the time with what she comes up with but the best part is she is my Partner in it all !!

My wifey doesn't have much to do with em on the fixing end of things..she will drive them and she drives a jeep in the summer (its a 5 speed) She will drive my 1971 442 with a 455 in it..I just got the 68 Satellite last september and she is a little wierded out by the 3 on the tree but she says she wants to drive it this summer..Women look freaking awsome driving a muscle car...

Indeed brother, indeed. Especially in a short skirt and heels.

- - - Updated - - -

If she didn't know what a clutch was then your better off ! Find a girl that can help you change plugs and oil then your set. My little lady has NO CLUE of performance cars but she supports me in every way. Even sit in the shop and ask's me Q's . Makes me laugh all the time with what she comes up with but the best part is she is my Partner in it all !!
That's cool Wedge, sounds like a nice arrangement. Mine could give a flying F*** about how it works, as long as it does work when she wants it to. Still my sweety though.

Put this on your glove box door.
If they girl that gets in doesn't think it's funny, you will know in advance she's probably not any fun either.

you could try this one too...lol

***.jpeg

So last week i asked a nice looking girl out, I decided to take the charger out and pick her up. I have not driven the charger since last fall, so tried to get all the "fun" out of my system by the time i get to her house. I open the door for her, she gets in and then i come around and hop in. The first thing she asks was why there was 3 pedals on the floor? :eusa_wall: Looking back i should of called it quits at this point. So i explain the object of the clutch on the way there. Get there order our food and waitresses there where playing some kinda jazz techno bull ^&^% cranked up. Overall the dinner went ok

I didnt really want to take her to a movie or bowling...about all there is to do in this town. I figured we would just have fun cruising around and talking. So I turn a corner, pretty much momentary forgetting she was there. I shifted 2nd gear revved the engine up and dumped the clutch, my tires just lit up for about 50 yards. I remember giggling like a school girl :evil6: and i looked over at her....and i saw fear in that poor girls eyes.

Dropped her off, got a text later that night saying she didnt want to go out again we where too different

Ohhh Well...
I'm looking at this from a different point.

She gets in the car, and notices you have three pedals! That's a good thing!!! She notices stuff about cars.

If you think about it, lots of people have never seen a manual tranny..

Then, you say dinner went OK. Not sure what that means exactly. Did you have a good time or not?

Next... You didn't want to take her any where else, So, does that mean you didn't care for the date?

Now you say, I forgot she was there... and blew around a corner and burned rubber, and you giggled like a school girl. I'm guessing she had no idea what you were going to do. Maybe that's why she looked scared.

Reading through this post, I'm thinkin' you're the idiot here.

They also look awesome driving a Custom car. When I was building my 56 Chrysler 2 dr hdtp. mild custom with flat black body and flat tan top, first Gen. Hemi --it was my car. When it got done and she drove it, it was OUR car! She is not a young gal, but likes the thumbs up when she drives it! No doubt she will be driveing the 4 speed with 440 Dodge when it is done.................................MO

She gets in the car, and notices you have three pedals! That's a good thing!!! She notices stuff about cars.

Then, you say dinner went OK. Not sure what that means exactly. Did you have a good time or not?

Next... You didn't want to take her any where else, So, does that mean you didn't care for the date?

Now you say, I forgot she was there... and blew around a corner and burned rubber, and you giggled like a school girl. I'm guessing she had no idea what you were going to do. Maybe that's why she looked scared.

Im going to have to respectfully disagree wit ya, Satman.

SHE didnt get it...end of story. :toothy9:

- - - Updated - - -

Trust me, women who dig cool mopars are out there! If ol' BIGS can find one I know theres gotta be more!

Damn right Bigs! I found me mine...

F@cking Satman, always the buzz kill.
You could do yourself a favor by finding a cute young thing to burn rubber with.

I understand the long winters up there dude but damn.

F@cking Satman, always the buzz kill.
You could do yourself a favor by finding a cute young thing to burn rubber with.

I understand the long winters up there dude but damn.
Buzzkill?? Not me! I'm just the voice of reason:imho:

I told my Wife on our first date.I am into old cars (MOPARS) and if you are going to bitch about it like my Buddy's girlfriends you will be gone.This is what I do and who I am.We have been together 20 years now and see never complains about it.My Buddy's just put up with all the bitching.Of course they have all been married a few times....and always put up with it until the next wife..

I think my wife and I need to have this talk LOL actually she's fairly supportive, well maybe not "supportive" but she doesn't stop me from working on my junk nor really complain as long as the bills get paid.

Auto Transport Service
Back