• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So I went to look at this old AMC today

cbodybob

Local time
1:20 PM
Reaction score
This is a 1966 AMC Marlin. What’s so special about this old rusty shell of a car. Well two reasons. First it use to belong to a close friend of mine. Works for my YouTube channel even. He regretted selling it & has been looking for it for 30 years. Well last weekend it found him. But the second reason & probably what will interest you guys is that this was a special order car. Took 13 weeks to get delivered. You see this is a 327 HO car with a factory 4 speed. 1 of only 50 believed to have been built. How many are still left. Beats me but not likely many. Well here is one & it was the very car my friend use to own. Yea it’s had a rough life obviously & there’s quite the story on this car. A true case of neglect & lack of funds & desire, but an abundance of dream. So we are deciding just what to do with this car. We save a lot of cool cars & hopefully this one two. There is a lot more to tell. Much of it bad. We are working on a feature video for the channel that will include a intro from my friend. We just might be looking Marlin parts. To put this into perspective imagine getting a phone call on a saturday afternoon from someone about a car you owned 30 years ago & have been looking for. Find out its just a little over an hour away but is nothing left but a shell. In the mean time have you ever seen an AMC Pacer wagon with a factory V8……

BBA637EB-1C68-401F-93BA-4D91FC1C4498.jpeg

98686B60-52C0-40D6-BA0B-6B242E21213B.jpeg

Are there any parts that go with it; glass, lenses, interior, dash, front suspension...??? As just a shell, and considering how rare Marlins are, it may be beyond expensive to finish -- it may be practically impossible!

Are there any parts that go with it; glass, lenses, interior, dash, front suspension...??? As just a shell, and considering how rare Marlins are, it may be beyond expensive to finish -- it may be practically impossible!
Yea that’s what we are evaluating. Colliers AMC isn’t too far away & if we decide to proceed we probably will seek help from Robbie.

That car could be a bad *** resto mod!! I do like a challenge.

I do like the 66-67 Chargers, resto mod the **** out em’.

Yea that’s what we are evaluating. Colliers AMC isn’t too far away & if we decide to proceed we probably will seek help from Robbie.
There were some Marlins up here, I think a complete one left the ares about 7 months ago. Complete, I think he told me it was a 327 auto. About 1800.00 our dollars.
Suggest putting ads in Kijiji through out Canada.

I say build it as close to factory as possible.
The most difficult to find would be the glass,
or anything dealing with the body & trim.
AMC mechanical parts are available and
the same parts were used across models.
304's/360's can be found in just about any
salvage yard, along with their mating
transmissions. Diamond in the rough.

I kinda like the looks of the Marlin, my buddy had one for a long time. I also don’t mind the 66/67 Charger, and I’ve seen some nice resto mods that really take them to the next level. On the contrary, I’m not a fan of the 68-70 Charger, I just never liked them.

Mopar ripped off the Marlin, and 4 years later ripped off the Camaro
I got a 67. It ain’t that easy to buy parts for….hahahaha. Ugly is as ugly does.
Check out the picture of the 1956 Norseman show car. I think that is where Chrysler might have gotten the idea for the Charger. My humble opinion

Rare find indeed! But I have seen them out there.....I know of two others....

About 5-6 years ago at the Sunbust Show in Graham, WA, a guy had one of those Marlins on a trailer with a "For Sale" sign on it. It did have the 327 4-speed still in the car, looked pretty complete except for a couple of trim pieces, all glass good, straight body panels, but you could tell it'd been sitting for quite some time. He was asking $10K for it.....

When I was leaving the show, I seen that trailer was empty......

When I was back in Kansas, I seen another one at a local car show at the state fairgrounds in Hutchinson, KS. Nice lookin cars when all done and fixed up.

Auto Transport Service
Back