• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So...maybe moving

I have found out that home is where you hang you hat and a place that feels good when you take your shoes off. If you're thinking about it this long, it's the thing to do.

As a fellow NY Res, I wish you the best, with your escape plan. UT Us the right move. The future here is dim, at best...

I will not be taking the charger or the porsche. Will be selling almost all my tools too !

Moving is ok, but chasing or involving the kids? Not me. Already moved 3k miles to get away from the “kids. Most of em have AARP cards now. It’s nice and quiet.
Not chasing them, we are more like swapping homes to help everyone. We really love the Utah house. Our daughter wants our little horse farm. My son has to move and will be buying a home in ABQ. By renting we all know that people who care will be occupying our homes and they will be kept up well.
We will still be in Utah while my son is in NM and daughter in NY.

My daughter also stated that she may be interested in buying our home.

All the best. I don’t want to be close to the kids. Business and habitation both need to be separate from family. Especially the kids. If the Black Ghost wasn’t just a Challenger with stickers, I’d order one at 500k over sticker just to make sure the kids get less.

If parents want to be around the kids as they get older, then why the hell were they so desperate to get them out at 18Y.O??? Asking for a friend.

Jump out of NY and run to Utah. But I would never sell my tools and my Charger would have to come with too. As for the garage, can always build an extra one if enough room on the property. Adds value too.

Sounds like a good deal for all concerned...

good luck with your decisions

I will not be taking the charger or the porsche. Will be selling almost all my tools too !
What year and model P car do you have?

'87 924S, basically a 944 in a 924 body. Lighter and faster than 944. I tested the theory at Watkins Glen back when I raced. Clocked by radar at 137 at end of back straight before the bus stop braking zone.

I gave the car to my daughter when she graduated from college. I held on to it (and drove it) until she had a place to store it. Now, it doesn't have to move out of it's spot in the garage.

I have had 9 Porsche's over the years. All types 911's, 914's, 931's (a 924 turbo), 944's. The '87 was the newest. I began racing with Porsche, the BMW, Saab, Honda, and Jaguar.

You have been great Don and I thank you for helping me through so many issues !

What year Charger?

:D
IMG_3303.jpg

Sounds ideal....ummm, say, what was that address again, and just so I can check with him, your son's phone number.....you know, just in case...lol.
Just kidding. Do it!

My son accepted a job in Albuquerque (where he lived until last year). He has this beautiful house in Salt Lake City, that he will be leaving. He has offered it to me to rent. I am liking the idea because I have spent a lot of time there since his move. He would like myself and his mother(my wife) to be closer to him. He is offering us a phenomininal deal. He wants to buy a new house in ABQ, and this would be a good deal for him since he would have us for tenants, instead of strangers. We know and get along great with his neighbors. He knows I will fiddle fart around and make this property better. It sounds like a winner. I am currently in NY where you can't fart without state permission. We have a home we built in 1988 that is getting tougher to maintain (5+ acres). I think I am ready to throw in the towel and accept, the wife has wanted to since 2013.
The house is pefect, I have done a lot of work on it and there is still some more minor things I would like to do. It has the most awesome view of the Wasatch Mtns from the front window. I could spend a lot of time watching the storms move across them. We are both competitive Pistol shooters (I am also a National Range Officer), which we could do a lot more of together, if I was closer. I know the area like the back of my hand. Funny since I have only been there 5 times since last November. I feel very comfortable there , which beats the loneliness we feel in NY, where we are always far for our kids. They will never move move back to NY....so why stay here ?
You would be changing 1700 miles for 600 miles, understood But you will now have a daughter 1700 miles away in NY. Ayou still in the exact same predicament?

I would go,, Salt lake city is nice. My daughter teaches there at utah. and her fincee is from Alburquerque, so it isn't a hard drive.

Well, it is off the table. Daughter is not sure if she can afford it nor if she wants to be in NY. She really wants to be back in Virginia. That is where all her friends are. This place is not nearly ready to put on the market, so selling isn't an option for a while. The wife plans to retire in January, which will constrict our income a bit more.
It doesn't really make sense to go broke moving the SLC when we will still be far away from family.

S/t, it sounded like a good plan, it may come together. We're in a similar situation here, and have been looking at TN. With Hochul weaseling in, it gives us extra incentive to get out. Praying it turns here in Upstate, getting the City off our backs would be a Huge Plus, like California is attempting...
Screenshot_20221126-091636.png

Auto Transport Service
Back