• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So you think you can pull a good wheelie huh???

The last 3 pics.....Willys wheelies!

The last wheelie I ever pulled was on a friends bike and the front wheel fell off - you can guess how that ended up. I still cringe when I remember how much skin I lost....

Great post BTW, some great pics!!!!

The last wheelie I ever pulled was on a friends bike and the front wheel fell off - you can guess how that ended up. I still cringe when I remember how much skin I lost....

Great post BTW, some great pics!!!!

LMAO....apparently my father did this when he was about 20 years old....except he was just pedalling hard (push-bike/bicycle) and the front wheel came off in the middle of an intersection. Luckily it was a two-horse town (Palmerston North) and no-one lost an eye. :D

I don't know a kid in the 60's or 70's who didn't lose a front wheel at one time in their bike riding career. Those front forks can dig in hard.

There was a kid down the block who would take his front wheel off the bike and ride wheelies all the way down the street. And back. Crazy

Crashed a bike one time where even the crank was lose! How do ya do that?? Didn't bend the frame or the wheels but the crash put me in the hospital to get sewed back together. Had 'road rash' all over me but the left side of my face got the brunt of it. Helmet?? No one wore one back then either....

Let's see. Today, the kid would get a ticket for not wearing a helmet, and riding in a unsafe manner on a public roadway. And the parents[yes, both mom & dad] that bought him that cool toy would be locked up for child endangerment for allowing the kid to ride in a unsafe manner without a helmet on a public roadway. Really sad indeed.

wheelie picture

That's a great picture, I seem to remember seeing a picture of that or at least similar. Was that picture in a hot rod mag back in the day?

Auto Transport Service
Back