• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Soliciting opinions on good work boots

Been wearing Red Wings for over 20 years.usually get 2 or 3 years out of a pair.but thats all you can expect when you wear them everyday

I'm with you, I work outside in construction everyday and they seem to last the best of anything I have ever tried. Keep them kiwi'd and they will last you a long time..

I did not read the every post but I had been a tech working on concrete floors for nearly 40 years. For many years I was buying the cheap K-Mart $30 dollar work shoes that only lasted about 3 months. This was one big mistake I made for years and as I now have very bad knees and alot of back problems I should have listened to some of my friends and bought the good $100 to $200 dollar work shoes since I was on my feet 10 hrs a day on concrete. The last 5 to 10 years I did break down and finally bought a very good work shoe/boot that I liked and was a very good shoe for my body. I bought them from the Matco tool man as they were "Redbacks" and were about $130 to $150 dollars over the years. I bought the pull on boots and really liked them as they were good for my feet and body and were comfortable. Ron

I bought a set Redwing boots ( the Irish setter ones) about six months ago so far so good. They were comfortable right from the start Make sure to mink oil them up and they will last a long time.

Irish Setter/Red Wing for me. Had a pair of Cats.... worst pair of work boots I ever had! year's back I just wore elcheapo Kmart type of boots..... BIG MISTAKE. Good work boots pay for themselves

383, I hate to tell you its old age.LOL. I have the same issue. Cheap boots don't cut it anymore,as we get old so do our feet.

Yes thats true. But I like most young men when I was from 20 to about 40 thought I was invinceable and did not need good boots. Boy was I wrong as when you work on concrete 10 hrs a day it will take its toll on you over the years if you dont wear good shoes as its good for your knees and back and most of your body. I have had my share of health problems over the years and a very bad car crash in 1982 that banged me up real bad and it all adds up as to why I live on disability now. Ron

Been think about these Boots, Red wing Iron Rangers ..
any reviews....

$_57.JPG

Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 7.06.57 PM.png
Randalls; waterproof, made to fit your foot. Choice of materials and soles. Made in the USA; If you wear them out; randall will replace them free. If your boots develop a leak, they will fix them free; if they can't they will make you a new pair at no cost.
I own 5 pairs; best boots I ever owned.

http://russellmoccasin.com

Last edited:
Thats a boot!!! Good old fashioned American Quality. Its to bad id ruin them in my line of work but as a outdoor boot thats really first class. I was impressed with the way they fit them,would be great for a older guy like myself with all sorts of bumps on my feet LOL

I wouldn't worry about ruining them; mine are a joy to wear. Its all about comfort. NO BS, if you can wear them out Randall will replace them. I know, they replaced my hunting boots. Cost: shipping one way.
Can't beat that; boots don't have to broke in since they fit your foot perfectly. Best money I ever spent on boots.

Also, Nike has a 2 year warranty on their sneakers. FYI, my sole came off, got a new pair free.

In the Lineman trade over 30 years-I know boots lol. Red wings at first but then an old Lineman told me about Halls. Check out hallssafety.com, USA made small company started by a Lineman, regular, waterproof, insulated, EH hazard, etc. They are not lightweight nor cheap, but they are premium. I generally have a winter boot and a summer boot and will get 3 yrs out of them. Line work ain't easy on boots, Trust me.

s-l1600.jpg

Just pickup a pair of Red wings.. Had them on all Day & I can't get them off...​

Been wearing Red Wing 202's for years.
They are still made in the states.
I refuse to wear Chinese boots!
Some red wings are made overseas, but some are still
Made here.

Ive had Wolverine, Keen, Red Wing, Carolina, Georgia and Timberland in the last 5 years and cannot get more than 1 season out of any of them. The souls start to separate and the heels wear through. I'm open to suggestion

Ive had Wolverine, Keen, Red Wing, Carolina, Georgia and Timberland in the last 5 years and cannot get more than 1 season out of any of them. The souls start to separate and the heels wear through. I'm open to suggestion
I agree. You couldn't give me a pair of red wings. 6 months and they are junk. I have found the CAT boots at Fleet Farm in Ankeny to last almost a year. I am in the 18hrs a day 7 days a week in all conditions. I wont pay top dollar for the big names anymore. They suck like the rest.

I agree. You couldn't give me a pair of red wings. 6 months and they are junk. I have found the CAT boots at Fleet Farm in Ankeny to last almost a year. I am in the 18hrs a day 7 days a week in all conditions. I wont pay top dollar for the big names anymore. They suck like the rest.
Fleet Farm is where I've been buying my boots, there and Brown Shoe Fit. Ive had Cats last almost a year. Lasted longer than the rest.I won't wear safety toes.

Steel toe required for me. About 4 months on this pair.

20180224_200657.jpg

I used to love red wings but the last couple seemed to have changed in quality. Timberland pro has been my pic lately. Not all Red Wings are made in U S
and it seems even the ones that are have changed in quality.

I have worn CAT for about 20 years, not the lightest boot out there, or the most expensive, but I have been really lucky so far! I did manage to kill one pair in about a year, but I was doing asphalt for 8 hours a day, and they did not like the high heat or diesel all over them. Tried some other brands but just never felt comfortable in them, so I went back to what works for me!

Auto Transport Service
Back