• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Solution to fit Edelbrock performer RPM intake and still using stock air cleaner...

I have your identical car down to metal for paint right now except this one has a black vinyl top FYI
Oh cool, is it a 4 speed, 383 4bl, ac, centre consoled, gold on gold 67? Apparently mine is the only one in the registry so if you're restoring one it will be fairly special and even more with the black top. Looking forward to seeing photos!

Oh cool, is it a 4 speed, 383 4bl, ac, centre consoled, gold on gold 67? Apparently mine is the only one in the registry so if you're restoring one it will be fairly special and even more with the black top. Looking forward to seeing photos!

No this one is an automatic buddy seat car. Gold on black.

It will fit height wise, but you would need to use a drop base with only the top half of your original air cleaner assembly, which may create issues with things like coil location, carb linkage, AC assembly, ect. On an original car like that, I'd keep the stock intake (my opinion only). The RPM intake might offer you a few horsepower, but without changing other things as well (camshaft, headers, carburetor, ect) you would likely not even notice the difference.

It will fit height wise, but you would need to use a drop base with only the top half of your original air cleaner assembly, which may create issues with things like coil location, carb linkage, AC assembly, ect. On an original car like that, I'd keep the stock intake (my opinion only). The RPM intake might offer you a few horsepower, but without changing other things as well (camshaft, headers, carburetor, ect) you would likely not even notice the difference.
Excellent advice appreciate your opinion too as I would hate to go through it all and not get much difference in power.

What would you change? Carb, ignition, air grabber etc

To be honest, that engine compartment looks so awesomely correct, I can't bring myself to suggest changing anything.

If you have the "go-fast" bug and wanted to do something with that car, I wouldn't start piecing things in. I'd find a 400 block and start saving to build a torque-monster stroker. Perhaps a 470 with stealth heads and a cam aimed at low and midrange torque. Perhaps a B4B intake, the best set of stock manifolds you can find, A good 3" exhaust system and 3.55 or better gearing. I bet with something like that, you could get into the low 12's, maybe even into 11's, and look exactly as it does now and retain very nice street manners.

If you do nothing...... you've got a GORGEOUS car!

To be honest, that engine compartment looks so awesomely correct, I can't bring myself to suggest changing anything.

If you have the "go-fast" bug and wanted to do something with that car, I wouldn't start piecing things in. I'd find a 400 block and start saving to build a torque-monster stroker. Perhaps a 470 with stealth heads and a cam aimed at low and midrange torque. Perhaps a B4B intake, the best set of stock manifolds you can find, A good 3" exhaust system and 3.55 or better gearing. I bet with something like that, you could get into the low 12's, maybe even into 11's, and look exactly as it does now and retain very nice street manners.

Thanks for that Lemon just itching to get a bit more power, I would prefer to hide the upgrades as I do love the stock look so I reckon the best bet is a new carb, I was now looking at this, will it fit ok as it says its for a 67 but it says 7.2 and I have a 383 but maybe that is just a ref to the CFM?

https://www.carid.com/1967-dodge-ch...nce-classic-holley-carburetors-139908041.html

Of all the very helpful posts I have thought about what you said the most and you are so right, I have a lovely stock engine that just needs some love so I'm going to fix the choke and refurbish the intake then tune up what I have rather than change everything for new stuff. Thank you

This is a stroker and you can't tell so it can be done. I built this one it's 438 inches

IMG_1658.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back