• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some Car Gawkers

Getting a kick out of the responses, lol. I’m in good company. I’d guess those of us who’ve spent endless hours, sweat, swear words, and cash building cars, whatever the year or model, realize they’ve brought an old ride back to glorious life to their liking – stock, lightly, or more radically modified. Some like to just keep it as it is as a survivor kind a ratty with old bird **** on it and such. I still like looking at them.

What really gets me is talking to an old guy who has his old car for decades that he restored and has it for sale. Matters none the brand…I get to talking with them as they tell me their history with their ride, when they got it, and the work they did on it...and…telling me that their time is past and need to sell their car. Damn, the inevitable I know will arrive!

When I bought my car from an old guy in ’95 he was in poor health, nice guy, and remember how he watched me back the car out of his driveway after I bought it. There’s nobody in my family that wants my car…it’s just an old car that’s it. No thrills with the piece of history. I reckon I’ll look to sell it if I don’t drop over first as well. That finality with my car seems more appealing to me than croaking with it still sitting in the garage.
Our local undertaker is younger than me and he is also into old cars.
I hope to cut a deal and keep mine to the last day. Deal will have to be right though.
Nice box , good tunes, ( no old broad on a piano ) decent looking head stone.
I allready got the plot bought. :drinks:

You think a 63 Fury triggers the haters?

Try owning a 73!

Non Mopar people are generally great, but for some reason some Mopar owners have a special disdain for the 73/74 cars.

There's even a FBBO member that goes out of his way to make negative comments about them in what are clearly 73/74 specific threads or posts.

I personally LOVE the 63's.
There’ll always be people who cut or rag on a car no matter what. Some to try and prove who they think they are, or to cut the owner just to get a jab in. Others from lack of knowledge or just jealousy. I love car shows and have respect for all the vehicles doesn’t matter make or model. Someone has that particular vehicle for a reason and has done what they could to make it their own. Of course Mopars are the best in my opinion. I don’t give a rats butt if anyone likes my car or not, it’s mine, it’s built the way I want it and I enjoy it. In reality, I don’t care what people think of me. I know I’m a good person. I try to treat people the way I like to be treated. In the big picture, it’s a car, it’s not life or death, but me myself and I enjoy it, that’s all that matters! Take care!

Anybody want guess if I’m a Ford, Chevy or Mopar guy? I think they are all cool and anybody who invests in their car should be respected! They all have there good and bad qualities and lets just keep saving them from a rusty graveyard! So no B body, YET!
27BED38D-7626-4C05-AE34-082DEB21FF6E.jpeg

That’s why I prefer all Mopar shows. Not to be hating other brands but got tired of the Douche bags remarks. Had my car at a multiple make show and some a hole punk tell me that they didn’t make cars like that. Told his arrogant butt I can’t believe he had a brain

Anybody want guess if I’m a Ford, Chevy or Mopar guy? I think they are all cool and anybody who invests in their car should be respected! They all have there good and bad qualities and lets just keep saving them from a rusty graveyard! So no B body, YET! View attachment 1111125
Nice line-up.

Like most of you guys here, I appreciate all cars when they are presented well. We (the royal we, meaning I) only rag on other brands as fun.....like saying Mustang drivers cannot drive. :D

there's a few guys that chime in saying "I always thought they were ugly; but they've kind a grown on me". REPLY: How would you know since you only saw my taillights from your car ? Or "What I remember is those were plain-Jane police cars." Reply: Yes the ones that were faster than your car when they caught you ?
What my reply would be.

You think a 63 Fury triggers the haters?

Try owning a 73!

Non Mopar people are generally great, but for some reason some Mopar owners have a special disdain for the 73/74 cars.

There's even a FBBO member that goes out of his way to make negative comments about them in what are clearly 73/74 specific threads or posts.

I personally LOVE the 63's.
I love the 71-74 cars. My favorites.

Kinda like high school 40 yrs ago: 5 Mopar guys, we knew "history" of Mopar from Big Daddy, Petty, Motown Missle, Sox & Martin, ColorMeGone, Ramchargers, Mr Norm, etc.... the Camaro, Chevelle, Mustang guys most had no clue, car= chicks. So be it. Again, to each their own. Love Mopars!!

Those that rag or show disrespect have
not a clue of the passion and devotion
it takes to restore or build a work of art.
That passion, I turned into my lifes'
vocation, being a mechanical engineer
for 50 years. I've of a mind that there
is no one vehicle that is 'better' than
another. They're all built, and they all
break. I've worked for Ford, GM (RTS
motorcoach), BAE Systems (military
FMTV, MRAP).
I get irate when some idiot leans on my
cars. I picked my first Mopar build as one
I could put my years worth of knowledge
into after I retired. It's not 'original' by far,
but I believe in keeping the bloodlines
pure. It kills me to see someone invest
thousands into building a 5 window
Plymouth Coupe, only to put a Chevy 350
in it.
20200527_124919.jpg

Getting a kick out of the responses, lol. I’m in good company. I’d guess those of us who’ve spent endless hours, sweat, swear words, and cash building cars, whatever the year or model, realize they’ve brought an old ride back to glorious life to their liking – stock, lightly, or more radically modified. Some like to just keep it as it is as a survivor kind a ratty with old bird **** on it and such. I still like looking at them.

What really gets me is talking to an old guy who has his old car for decades that he restored and has it for sale. Matters none the brand…I get to talking with them as they tell me their history with their ride, when they got it, and the work they did on it...and…telling me that their time is past and need to sell their car. Damn, the inevitable I know will arrive!

When I bought my car from an old guy in ’95 he was in poor health, nice guy, and remember how he watched me back the car out of his driveway after I bought it. There’s nobody in my family that wants my car…it’s just an old car that’s it. No thrills with the piece of history. I reckon I’ll look to sell it if I don’t drop over first as well. That finality with my car seems more appealing to me than croaking with it still sitting in the garage.
As you might imagine given my propensity for croaking these last several years, this very discussion has come up
once or twice with the wife and I.
As much as I've tried to talk sense to her about the benefit of selling Fred one day for her, she'll have none of it...
She doesn't even want to drive the car now, but she wants to keep "him" after I'm gone just the same.
'Course, that might change after I'm toast, but that's her adamant position on the subject nowadays -
she knows that car has as much "me" in it as it has been meaningful to me to go through the process with it
this last 11 years.
It doesn't really matter what make/model/year Fred is - she'd feel the same way regardless.

Come to think of it, so would I.

Reading these posts reminded me of how other people perceive me on another website.....not true of course....

https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com...l-air-conditioning?highlight=air+conditioning

empty.gif

New to the site, got big dreams..don't we all Air conditioning ??
i_icon_minipost.png
by rustytoolss Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:57 pm

Well to start with I do not own an A100...YET! I've been researching some stuff. I do have a question about installing AC ?? can it be done ?, what about with a slant 6 ? I'm sure engine cooling is a problem on a van even without AC. I did see a photo of a little red wagon recreation with a vintage air system. But of course that guy had big money behind him. So for the average joe can AC be done. ?? love the site.

I stumbled upon that thread some time after that post was written. It is about me and my A100 of course. :lol:

Last edited:
Our local undertaker is younger than me and he is also into old cars.
I hope to cut a deal and keep mine to the last day. Deal will have to be right though.
Nice box , good tunes, ( no old broad on a piano ) decent looking head stone.
I allready got the plot bought. :drinks:
I'm going to get cremated and have my ashes dropped down the carb...lol - the next Christine...

It's part of the reason I gave up going to cruz nights and shows. Just got totally fed up with these know it all ingrates that routinely bash what some one else has when in fact, 99% of them don't even have one!!! cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Auto Transport Service
Back