• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some Car Gawkers

Ron H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
I realize there's a love - hate posture on cars. To each their own. Well I suppose the earlier B's are an example. I have a '63 Fury vert and often get people looking at it with nice comments; but then there's a few guys that chime in saying "I always thought they were ugly; but they've kind a grown on me". Or "What I remember is those were plain-Jane police cars." All the while they spend several minutes looking at it and asking more questions. Well, I remember when they were burning up the streets and winning at the track as legendary drag cars. WdaF hey. It's like ahh...ok pal, do I need you to inform me of this? If yaz don't like the car move on to chat with the owners of the Mustangs and Chevelle's - there's 30 of them at the show while there's maybe only mine or another one or two early B's. yeah - lol.

If yaz don't like the car move on to chat with the owners of the Mustangs and Chevelle's - there's 30 of them at the show while there's maybe only mine or another one or two early B's. yeah - lol.

You answered your problem right there! They get tired talking to those guys and need to pick on someone new or different!

I've had my GTX and A100 at various shows over the years....and without them knowing I have listened in to conversations trashing both vehicles....by people who don't own anything worthy of putting on display in a show.

These guys are usually small-minded and probably have a tiny dick. Take their comments with a pinch of salt.

Funniest thing is when I drop in that the owner probably wouldn't appreciate what they are saying.....then I say I'm the owner. They generally making some muffled remarks, then bugger off quickly. :jackoff:

Another reason why I cannot stand car shows any more...that, and a growing disrespect for other peoples property with food, and touching stuff.
Some people just have to use their fingers to look at a car. :mad:

yep a lot of disrespect for the older MoPar iron
(I can see Rodney Dangerfield in my mind, 'I get no respect')
it's a love or hate deal

Smiley Rodney Dangerfield - I get no respect.jpg

lots of people love to hate on MoPars
no matter the years

I don't go to many car shows anymore
But;
I respect the work on all the cars, even some of the brand X stuff
they do get a lot more love

But don't go much anymore
because of that very types of douches that attend regularly
usually, some rude *** spectator eating a corn dog
with an open shirt & gold chains dangling around his neck

usually some jerk without a car, snob 'knowitall',
vin or fender-tag readers etc. or think they are

Jeff Spicoli liberal dirtbag from Fast Times at Ridgemnont High.gif

yep a lot of disrespect for the older MoPar iron
(I can see Rodney Dangerfield in my mind, 'I get no respect')
it's a love or hate deal

lots of people love to hate on MoPars
no matter the years

I don't go to many car shows anymore
I respect the work on all cars, even some of the brand X stuff

But don't go much anymore
because of that very types of douches that attend regularly
usually, some rude *** spectator eating a corn dog
with an open shirt & gold chains dangling around his neck

usually some jerk without a car, snob 'knowitall',
vin or fender-tag readers etc. or think they are

View attachment 1110972
Don't forget those ignorant wankers wearing denims & rivets, that have to lean or sit on cars to have their picture taken with them. :mob:

You think a 63 Fury triggers the haters?

Try owning a 73!

Non Mopar people are generally great, but for some reason some Mopar owners have a special disdain for the 73/74 cars.

There's even a FBBO member that goes out of his way to make negative comments about them in what are clearly 73/74 specific threads or posts.

I personally LOVE the 63's.

Just consider the source…..

Ignorance never ran me off from a show I wanted to attend.
It ain't about them and honestly, I'm there to participate, look and chat with other owners...
not to be concerned with what some knuckle-dragger might say.
I ain't there for them...
In fact, I tend to have fun at their expense when I'm bored and I've told some of the better
stories to that effect right here on FBBO in the past.

Had a gal sit her purse & a drink on my trunk lid so she could take a pic of another car.
Her defense when I asked her to remove them..... she said (sorry I did not know it was your car. ) WTF, so if its somebody else's car then it's ok ?

Getting a kick out of the responses, lol. I’m in good company. I’d guess those of us who’ve spent endless hours, sweat, swear words, and cash building cars, whatever the year or model, realize they’ve brought an old ride back to glorious life to their liking – stock, lightly, or more radically modified. Some like to just keep it as it is as a survivor kind a ratty with old bird **** on it and such. I still like looking at them.

What really gets me is talking to an old guy who has his old car for decades that he restored and has it for sale. Matters none the brand…I get to talking with them as they tell me their history with their ride, when they got it, and the work they did on it...and…telling me that their time is past and need to sell their car. Damn, the inevitable I know will arrive!

When I bought my car from an old guy in ’95 he was in poor health, nice guy, and remember how he watched me back the car out of his driveway after I bought it. There’s nobody in my family that wants my car…it’s just an old car that’s it. No thrills with the piece of history. I reckon I’ll look to sell it if I don’t drop over first as well. That finality with my car seems more appealing to me than croaking with it still sitting in the garage.

Getting a kick out of the responses, lol. I’m in good company. I’d guess those of us who’ve spent endless hours, sweat, swear words, and cash building cars, whatever the year or model, realize they’ve brought an old ride back to glorious life to their liking – stock, lightly, or more radically modified.
I don't know about you guys, but I built my cars for MY pleasure.....not to be a show-off. :)

So these days, I drive my vehicles for my own pleasure, and don't go out of my way to show or race them for someone else's amusement or pleasure. Car shows are only about making money over here now.

When I young, in high school, I drove new cars, I had two and realized I was missing out. I sold my last new car when I was 19 and got a 67 and a 69 dart. Everyone loved them. When my son turned 16, he was into Chevy Camaros, Monte Carlo SS and Ford Mustangs because they were cheap to buy. My 65 is the first Mopar toy I have had since my Darts, except a viper years ago, and it works for me. I drive nothing but Chrysler product and always have since I was 24 . I could have bought anything, but decide on it. Some people have asked why I drive a Coronet or first ask, what is it. After listening to the BS about how they love Mustangs, Camaros and Chevelle's and how those are the cars to have, I usually respond by saying, if I wanted a dime a dozen car, that you see everywhere, that's what I would want too. Fortunately for me, I could finally afford a Mopar.
To me my car is rare, with all the cars around me, I have not seen another and I get around. Is my Coronet the most beautiful car Chrysler ever made, to me, one of them, yes. At this stage in my life, it's about me and no one else, so, screw them!! Let The Horses Run!!!
20210516_170158.jpg

I realize there's a love - hate posture on cars. To each their own. Well I suppose the earlier B's are an example. I have a '63 Fury vert and often get people looking at it with nice comments; but then there's a few guys that chime in saying "I always thought they were ugly; but they've kind a grown on me". Or "What I remember is those were plain-Jane police cars." All the while they spend several minutes looking at it and asking more questions. Well, I remember when they were burning up the streets and winning at the track as legendary drag cars. WdaF hey. It's like ahh...ok pal, do I need you to inform me of this? If yaz don't like the car move on to chat with the owners of the Mustangs and Chevelle's - there's 30 of them at the show while there's maybe only mine or another one or two early B's. yeah - lol.
I think this applies here:

RatFink.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back